Saturday Morning Antics

blairv

Headed out for an early on Saturday morning for a long weekend fish.

Started at the rock wall with no luck then headed up to the river mouth looking for some bird activity and hopefully some Taylor - again very quiet.

We settled into our normal river mouth spot to get some Bream action and had an awesome time landing Bream on Prawns and Pillies - luckily very few Catfish around.

After the tide turned action died down so we pulled into Mud to check the pots and have a hunt around - rewarded with two awesome bucks that are destined for the Chilli Pot today !!!

After a quick scout around headed back to the mouth and the Bream were back on the chew big time they were being extremely sneaky though and it was taking alot of concentration to land them and keep them out of the rocks - ended up being busted off 4 times.

Down to our last bit of bait we pressed on and BANG!!! I had a massive hit and after a great scrap up came my PB Bream - an absolute stonker at 35 cms!!!

After a couple more headed back to the ramp very happy with the mornings haul. Goes very well with the two Jewies (77 & 79) from Thursday night. Bream-20100425.JPG

nice bream :)

sounds like a nice morning session.

last weekend the cat fish where quite and not about ,good stuff i reckon.

we found the bream to be sneaky last weekend too .

getting us snagged in the rocks or nicking the bait ,had to strike on the first touch or the bait was gorn .

u know bream 30 and up are great fun on light gear ,they go hard .:)

Angus

Buggar - I forgot about that!!

I have some really dodgy iphone-using-a-torch-as-a-flash photos and some photos of them cooked on the Webber (if anyone wants the recipe me know it is great)but thats it!!

It was great fun too - caught on live Prawns and a double hook up - both fish struck within 10 seconds of each other!!

Oh well - I will need to catch a couple more.

Blair

i wouldn't write the phone pics ,they can turn out ok.

i'm only using a nokia phone for pics ,very basic phone.

its camera is under 1 megapixel ,the old 640 x 480 ,vga camera.

i just use a torch at night ,then if its to dark i just use photo shop to brighten it up.

the pics come out ok .

good enough to see the size on the brag mat .

i remember my first digital camera it was a vga ,640x480 .

took some good pic's on that old camera,didn't even have a lcd screen .

that was back in 2000 or 2001 i think cost me 200$.

Archived