Long time no chat

goldnugget

Just a quuick note to say hi to everyone again. Finally made the move to Hervey Bay..and really dont regret it. Its a change from Ipswich and Brissy...but its not really a sleepy little hollow I expected it to be either. Fishing for me has been land based, primarily around Gattakers Boat ramp and also the Urangan Pier which is almost 1 km long and gives access to deep water. No major catches to report but have enjoyed a couple of legal Flatties (my first), a few whiting, a couple of legal crabs (mud and sand...both on the line) and also had my first encounter with a 'happy moment' ,,,mongrel fish just had to wait another ten seconds and he would have been free, instead he waits until I unhook him, about to toss him in and he spikes up and wiggles in my hand stabbing me who know how many times.....man i was in pain that night...also been squidding off the pier which is good with the kids. Have learnt that locals (me now included) catch bait , and tourists buy bait..lol...that was getting expensive when i first moved here i tell ya.....and I've been snapped off 3 times off the pier....lots of fun....now that I have mobile internet sorted out, I'll try and drop in a little more often..take care all.

Jay

Archived