Sign in to follow this  
francomas777

My First Jack Finally Back (TAXIDERMY)

Hey guys,

around a year and a half ago after spending countless sleepless nights on the noosa river and every other river down to the tweed coast i finally got my first jack in the brissy river of all spots.

Normally not a big deal to many fisherman but these species of fish are like my kryptonite when im on the water. For some reason i cannot ever land one.

Anyways last week i finally got it back. Thought you guys would like to see the pics.

Please bare in mind i have only landed 2 jacks in my life this one i kept for this reason but from now on its nothing but catch and release with these fish and hopefully they will pay me back in the long run.

The Taxidermyiest or however you say it is Rod Gardiner and his website is

Please login or register to view this content

Really nice guy and does some awsome work. Would recommend anyone thinking of this speak to him as he was $500.00 cheaper than my other quote i recieved.

Hope you like it. Cheers

Please login or register to view this image

Sorry but it makes something that is already tacky even worse.

The colour is not right. The fins are Split. Its definatelly not anywhere near the best taxidermy job ive seen. Mounted on a square bit of ply in a colour that doesnt suit.

I would be disappointed.

shortie wrote:

The colour is not right. The fins are Split. Its definatelly not anywhere near the best taxidermy job ive seen. Mounted on a square bit of ply in a colour that doesnt suit.

I would be disappointed.

Dont take this the wrong way but what do you mean by tacky?

The reason the fins are split is because it took me a year to find someone to do it after alot of stuffing around.

Once again dont take this the wrong way but to say you would be dissapointed is going abit far dont you think?

i don't like it but that me .

some people like dead things ,every1 is different make the world a interesting place.

its different i say that .

i just don't like dead things looking at me .

had to many fish eye ball me after i bled them ,freaks me out .

francomas777 wrote:

shortie wrote:

I would be disappointed.

Dont take this the wrong way but what do you mean by tacky?

The reason the fins are split is because it took me a year to find someone to do it after alot of stuffing around.

Once again dont take this the wrong way but to say you would be dissapointed is going abit far dont you think?

I dont think so. In the end my opinion doesnt matter if your happy with the final product then thats all that counts. i was just giving my opinion. If i were ever to fork out my hard earned i would want something more natural looking and not something that looks plastic and mass produced out of a chinese factory. A good taxi job should be able to disguise/repair the split fins. Its certainly not a peice of art that i would want hanging in my living room. But as i said it was your money and if your happy then all is great.

But congrats it was an awesome catch in the first place.

split fins happens often in fish swimmin around in the river still lol, if i were to make a critique it'd be the ply its mounted on but im guessing its meant to be hung on a wall in which case the ply would look much better

well Iam not into the whole taxiermy thing but I do like the set of fangs very nice.

I cant say I like the square bit of ply wood.Even if it was oval in shape and bigger than the fish like a back drop or even an oval smoked glass mirror with beveled edges might compliment such an outstanding fish just my thoughts.nice fish but.

Please login or register to view this image