Priorities: Photo then first aid

tomca

I confess! I caught a pike and thought I'd forgotten my pliers so went to grab it...

It was fine. First aid officer Tomca was quick to get the camera out THEN administer first aid :laugh:

Didn't hurt as much as this (forgot my filleting glove and tried to lip grip a flatty) :pinch: finger.jpg

tacklebox wrote:

I confess! I caught a pike and thought I'd forgotten my pliers so went to grab it...

It was fine. First aid officer Tomca was quick to get the camera out THEN administer first aid :laugh:

Didn't hurt as much as this (forgot my filleting glove and tried to lip grip a flatty) :pinch: finger.jpg

ouch thats better lol done that before more then once :laugh:

sx 40 trebble??

i did the same thing, after a failed attempt with the pliers and an ouch!

ripping it out with line rapped aroud the trebble seemed to be the quickest and less painful way to do it.

those hooks get sink into your skin rather easily :unsure:

tacklebox wrote:

this will happen to me one day .

as the last big flathead we caught flicked about and my lip grips went over board .

was spewing too only the second time i used them and only had them for a year too .:(

so i'm back to using my hands or a wet rag .

doesn't matter much as i forget to use the lip grips anyways ,like i said use second time in 1 year.

i have been lucky with trebles never past the barb so far .fingers crossed .

the day i get one in further i hope i got one of the more experienced guys about to remove it .

i have seen mick remove 1 with the fishing like ,looked like the go .quick and over .

Archived