Native Fish stock fun raiser!

Ash

Hey, just an idea id thought id throw out there.

What does everyone think of trying to organise a day for fun raising money for the restocking programmes. Maybe a big bbq day, every chips in with a gold coin donation and have a sausage sizzle and burgers for $2 & $3? Soft drink for $1.20. Would be for a great cause, and a good way to meet some more members! I,d be willing to supply the snags and some steaks etc. I admit, we'd need to have some decent numbers turn up to make it worth while.

But i figured if a decent % of this sites members turn up with family and some friends, could be worth it! Could also have some fishing lessons for the kids?

Just an idea, what are everyones thoughts.

I was speaking to a restocking dude at the tinnie and tackle show, and he gave me his number and stuff. So if poeple are keen i could call him get some ideas and im sure he'd be happy to do anything that helps. Is there any members on the site who are members of the restocking clubs? Cant remember who, but i thought i heard one of our members mentioning it a while ago?

Fernvale is about 30k (across the range and Dam) but 1 1/2 hours by road from my place! A bit to far for a work night.

If you could pass on info you find out about Somerset would be appreciated, Ferg and I are going to go for a trip up there on his next RDO

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/04/16 21:15

Archived