Fishing With Elli coite

shortie

Brian and i decided to go for a quiet fish today at Wello Point.

Got to Brians at the gentlemanly hour of 9:30am expecting him to have the boat connected to the car, the lunch made and the bait ready to go.

After 5 minutes of ringing the door bell i hear the Toilet flush, the pipes gurgle and a groan of relief come from inside the house.

I was soon told in Graphic detail how our fishing trip may still not happen. At least he had packed dunny paper in the boat just in case.

I then watched brian make the lunch and clean up stuff that was behind the boat so we could connect it to the car. There is now a piece of timber in his garage that has to go get aids tested when he decided to give it a good kick with his toe and spill claret all over it.

On the water by 10:30. Had to use pliers to untie the winch cable from the boat as there is not hook end on the cable.

We caught a heap of undersized squire, bream, and a bar tailed flathead.

Now have any of you had your fishing buddy cast a line in snaging your leg/butt and ripping the hook straight through. I can tell you, you to will squeel like a girl. But Brian being the good boy scout he is, had needle and thread handy to stitch up the mess he made of me. 2 stitches later we continued fishing.

Pics to follow.

The really stupid thing is im going fishing with him tomorrow.

as soon as I saw the title and 'by Shortie' my mind raced with scenarios and the report did not disappoint :laugh: :laugh:

Good job Brian, one more attack on Shortie and he will high tail it away from AFO forever ;)

Nickers just read this and has given herself a bit of Braxton Hicks

shortie wrote:

faulked wrote:
the last person i gave stitches to lost half a thumb to rot it wasnt a sterilzed needle or wound :(

good luck tomorow guys

A needle and suture material were in a sealed packet in his first aid kit in the boat.

you're lucky he had them there shortie

he usually fixes everything with zipties :ohmy:

ellicat wrote:

I thought I was in the scene from the movie Deliverance......he squeeeeeeled like a little pig :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: "This is gonna hurt you alot more than me"!

as long as you weren't thinking he has a purdy mouth :ohmy:

chicks dig scars, you'll be beating Kate off with a stick :laugh:

shortie wrote:

faulked wrote:
the last person i gave stitches to lost half a thumb to rot it wasnt a sterilzed needle or wound :(

good luck tomorow guys

A needle and suture material were in a sealed packet in his first aid kit in the boat.

my needle was a slightly rusty one with some fishing line etc in a 'rambo survival'knife i had when i was a young feller . my mate tried to fillet his thumb with his dads divers knife and didnt want to tell him and get his arse kicked for it as well.

shortie wrote:

Went to the Doctors tonight. He was impressed with the knot tying. He left them in just cleaned with some alcohol stuff then poured on about a litre of betadine.

I should have used the same Doctor mine made knots I think they were bowlines in the stitches :laugh:

Archived