Tcurve Bluewater 10-15kg STUCK TOGETHER HELP!

paulymassy

Hey all members,

just about to depart for my trip to camp island in a few days so im getting all my gear together but my Tcurve Bluewater 10-15kg wont split its stuck very firmly and that means i cant fit it in the rod case. could anyone please help, i cannot manage to split it anyway and even when i try to use the big guide to twist and pull theres so much pressure it feels like my guide is going to snap. HELP!

cheers

pauly

if you havnt got it yet try a combo of what the other boys told you to do ,hot on the over section and cold on the inside section,get yourself a couple of small squares of that no slip rubber mat and another person,twist and pull,should come apart,if not you may have to get a longer rod tube.

HHMMM what a bugger.got it apart yet?

wear rubber washing up gloves to give more grip. put the rod behind your knees and crouch down slightly,grab the rod with two hands with each hand either side of your knees,with the join in the middle between your knees align your hands with the out side of your knees still grabing the rod with the rod still behind your knees.spread your knees against your hands. and see if this will crack it.

this has worked for me a few times

mick

mick fillet wrote:

wear rubber washing up gloves to give more grip. put the rod behind your knees and crouch down slightly,grab the rod with two hands with each hand either side of your knees,with the join in the middle between your knees align your hands with the out side of your knees still grabing the rod with the rod still behind your knees.spread your knees against your hands. and see if this will crack it.

mick

Can you do it again and take some pics for us :P :laugh:

mick fillet wrote:

mick

LMAO imagine walking in on that...... :blink:

Not necessarily. That's assuming they will heat or cool at a similar rate, which they don't. If you run hot water over the join (ie the outside piece), it will heat up and expand at a faster rate as the heat has to pass through it to get to the inside piece.

I'm a little confused at how you can cool the inner piece but heat the outside piece? Maybe holding ice over the join until the temperature in the two sections is even and then running hot water over it so that the outer piece heats and expands faster than the inner section. But then you're at risk of thermal shock (cracking...)

mick fillet wrote:

mick

Classic Mick send in a video demo it can get turned into a new dance crave like the Macorema :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived