evening bag

wesfish

mickfillet and my self had a late start fishing sesh off shore .

we started at 2pmat the ramp and began our journey off shore, after being distracted by some long tail but no hook ups. we finally dropped our lines in 80mtrs of water just as the sun kissed the horizon then disappear. i was using nukes as usual and the octa jig to get my bag of squire, and mick used the bait to great success, he bagged out first on the snaps but all so caught a variety of pearlies(under) bullseye nannygai moses perch and some weird lil tiny sort of sharks, mick all so had a double hook up with a snap and a hungry shark :laugh: he thought he had hooked a snapper of a life time :silly:

we stuck it out in the deep but it went quite, we made our way back to the bay for a sleep. fished the bay today for some under flatties and assorted lil things around mud.

was a good trip and i thoughly enjoyed it

final tally

10 snaps

1 moses

1 bullseye

a bloody good feed ;)

the horrible conditions in the bay on the way out lol 105_1516_600x800.jpg

post-4300-14459852611_thumb.jpg

Nice work boys but I was a little worred about the title of the post :P You 2 have been smashing the snapper latley weldone.We used to catch the nanigai on the south coast of nsw and thats the first I have seen up here.Some of the big boy's down there use them as live baits for yellow fin tuna but my old man would rather eat them but you need to skin them.

cheers dassa

Terry H wrote:

Well done guys! Certainly looks like a nice haul, and some nice dinners to be had!

Judging by the photos (namely the condition of the plastic bags) it looks like you may have exceeded the bag limits though :P

:huh: :laugh: :laugh: it took me a couple of seconds to get!! good one :laugh:

average size caught 28-30 something cm i think, not 100% but recall an old name from e.m.grants 1974 guide, these days they are nannigai,but not the same as small and large mouth nannigai.dhess wrote:

Nice feed guys.

What re bullseyes? Same as southern nannygai? Pretty sure I have caught a few out there before. How big do they grow?

Archived