Where to catch Crayfish North of Brisbane (Fresh)

SUSPCT

Hi new to the forum and new to the sport

but we are hunting some good crayfishing spots ont he northside o brisbane

any one have any suggestions of quiet little creeks r dams where there is an abundance of crayfish we can chuck the pots in and catch a few?

we are out driving now with a few pots in around pine rivers (on the mobile laptop atm)

so any one with suggestions please post up so we can visit them today!

Thanks!

Mate North Pine Dam is the go.

There are loads of them in there and they get huuuuge.

30cm is not unsual. Some good meat on that.

Try using tinned tuna. But please take the tins with you. There is heaps of mes along the banks from where other people have not.

Good luck mate and let us know how you went.

Angus

we went and got our pots we left in at 4pm around 9pm

in the pourign rain lol

we ended up with 2 red claws one about 15cm and the other around 20cm

and a little fish too!!

dont know wht fish it was it looks like a baby bream with light black stripes down it.

Sounds very much like a tilapia.

Its hard to reccomend killing a fish without actually seeing it. Next time take a pic for ID :)

Shame you only got two. But they sound like decent size.

How many traps did you use.

Apparantly at night at McGavins sometimes there are so many that you seriously deploy your limit of traps and check them every fifteen because you will always have something in there.

Did you cook up the 2?

Angus

Angus wrote:

Sounds very much like a tilapia.

Its hard to reccomend killing a fish without actually seeing it. Next time take a pic for ID :)

Shame you only got two. But they sound like decent size.

How many traps did you use.

Apparantly at night at McGavins sometimes there are so many that you seriously deploy your limit of traps and check them every fifteen because you will always have something in there.

Did you cook up the 2?

Angus

i thought talapia were like catfish looking and brown?

this was a nice silver fish quite good looking with very light black/gray stripes about 3 going from top to bottom ont he sides.

Yea bit disapointed at only 2 becuase everyone we asked said northpine u will catch heaps.

we set 4 in total and left them from 4pm till 9pm

No we didnt eat them we put them int he fish tank!

we were setting the traps here:

can you show us ont he map where you would recomend a bigger catch?

post-1146-1177284787.jpg

Post edited by: SUSPCT, at: 2007/04/23 09:34

post-1264-14459841228_thumb.jpg

Mate crayfish are hit and miss.

No one spot in the dam is better than another (that i know of). Its just the luck of the night i guess.

Tilapia despite being a pest fish are not an unatractive fish. Sorry about the double negative.

Pictured below is a juvenile. Im pretty sure this will be the fish you are describing. [img size=200]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/7925.jpg

post-63-144598412283_thumb.jpg

Talipia arrrr I bought a breeding pair years ago from my local pet shop within a few months I had nothing but Talipia in 3 tanks they killed all the other fish and plants I was told not to flush them as they can survive in both fresh and salt water so we had many a good afternoon feeding them to my mates Oscars :laugh:

Gaz

OOPS :whistle: my Bad I accidently opened the karma thing trying to find out what it was and Suspct lost 1 could someone please fix it

Post edited by: Gazza, at: 2007/04/23 15:46

Archived