Perfect day in paradise

Keen-as-fisho

Got the call at the start of last week from my mate to spend the weekend up at Double Is. Point, so naturally I said yes straight away :P So friday lunch time we made our way up the highway, accross the ferry and up to the camping stretch. It was good to see the first cutin covered in bitumen to allow the tools in there two wheel drives to get access to the beach.

For once seabreeze was right, 0-5 knot ESE peaking at 7 and a chance of a shower which came down at 2 in the morning yesterday. Had a bit of a have hearted fish on friday and managed a couple of small dart.

Saturday morning the alarm whent of at 0430 and after dropping the kids off for a bush walk, I strolled down with the wader on and fishing bag full of pippies. First cast and I got a solid bite, a few head shakes and I landed a big surf tarwhine at 36cm to the fork.

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

Then old mate woke up and strolled down with some pillies. The tailor were on and he managed three legals. We mainly fished saturday and had another half arsed attempt this morning before leaving at 10.

Final tally me, 1 tarwhine, 2 (leagal) tailor and 5 (leagal) dart and shannon, 5 (legal) tailor and a 33cm bream.

Very tough conditions.......... B) I wish I took the kayak :(

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

Archived