First Social bream comp! [ EOI ]

51MPL

Well Scope and myself would like to take the reins on this bad boy and see if we can get it kick started!

So this is how the day 'should' go down, meetup HQ around say 5am for a quick brief & to give each competitor a random item they must have in the photos they submit.

Head off and do your best but be back before 2pm for us to add up your 5 total fish. BBQ and beers to be had after this which will be a good end to the day :cheer:

Date: 14th August

HQ Location: Opposite Bicycle World - 78 Marine Parade Southport, 4215. As you come down the Gold Coast highway headed towards Surfers Paradise it is on your left hand side.

Located behind the swimming pool on your left hand side as you come down the GC Highway

hq2.jpg

Here's a googlemap link =]

/>http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Bicycle+World,+Southport,+Queensland&sll=-27.964366,153.41668&sspn=0.005553,0.011362&ie=UTF8&hq=Bicycle+World,&hnear=Southport+Queensland&ll=-27.963689,153.415715&spn=0.002658,0.005681&t=h&z=18&iwloc=A

Time: Briefing at HQ around 5.30am so people have time to leave the briefing and get onto boats and to your spot at sunrise. Meetup HQ again at 2pm (Basically 7 hours to fish - 6am > 1pm then come to HQ)

Rules: Fishing Boundaries? - Bit iffy on this..

* 5 fish max and total length wins; do we want measurments to the tip or fork?

* Lures only no bait (includes berley)

* Fishos only use 1 rod at a time

Now, should we bother with boater/non-boater/landbased category or.. ?

Thats pretty much it i think, if i have left anything out please feel free to correct me or give us ideas on how this is going to work etc B)

** Got a deckie spot up for grabs? // Want a deckie spot for the day?

Feel free to goto this thread and discuss ^_^ http://australianfishing.com.au/forum/23-going-fishing-noticeboard/277260-bream-social-got-a-deckie-spot-post-up--1407

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the fork it is then, 5 longest fish total wins.

That boat ramp would be sweet I know which one your thinking of dogpound.

Idea would be to meetup at hq; briefing; launch n fish for the day then back to hq for measurments n BBQ.

Hopefully there is someone northside able to give you a left Ken !

If you intend on entering could you please nominate yourself as a boater/deckie/yak whatever so we have could start pairing people up for the day?

I'm a deckie so if anyone has a spot up for grabs *looks at Dell* I shall be free.

Also the usual BBQ stuff - I'll bring drinks and sauce + bread

51MPL wrote:

Hopefully there is someone northside able to give you a left Ken !

If you intend on entering could you please nominate yourself as a boater/deckie/yak whatever so we have could start pairing people up for the day?

I'm a deckie so if anyone has a spot up for grabs *looks at Dell* I shall be free.

Also the usual BBQ stuff - I'll bring drinks and sauce + bread

I'll bring the weber Q! a la clean up social :)

Travis wrote:

no boundary, no nonboater-boater stuff lets keep it a social, stick to the lures and time limit and all should be good

Yep i agree no boundary and just an all round scoreing system whether your in a Boat,kayak or off the bank.

I will be there for sure. :)

Sweep would be excellent but not mandatory - Obviously you cant fish first then enter the sweep after. I think it'd be an awsome idea, $10/20 bucks in the tin and any left-overs are donated to AFO!

So looks like saturdays are the go?

The idea of a boundary in these types of comps is so you have to go and actively locate fish in the designated area. That way people don't jump in their car and head to their favourite bream spot. Alot of the other events (mbc, brc, soo) all have boundaries too and these never seem to pose a problem.

Even if it was just an agreed - "lets stick to the broadwater " kind of thing :)

51MPL wrote:

Sweep would be excellent but not mandatory - Obviously you cant fish first then enter the sweep after. I think it'd be an awsome idea, $10/20 bucks in the tin and any left-overs are donated to AFO!

So looks like saturdays are the go?

I thought is was supposed to be for free, as in a social comp?

Put me down as a boater would love to have you for the day Khoi :) But i'll have to confirm once a date gets set. Perhaps you could update a list of boaters, yakkers and deckies so people could send pm's to get a deckie spot if they need it and so we know whose attending.

i.e.

boater/deckie

Dell / 51mpl

Do$tylz / Deckie

Crazy Walrus / Deckie

daniel_F / Deckie

Freshy / Deckie

Dan25 - kayaker

etc

"Sweep would be excellent but not mandatory" - Because there won't be any prizes say $10 for anyone interested; would make the event more interesting.

In no way is this the main idea of the day, getting out there and having fun is top priority and im sorry if i made it seem like EVERYONE had to enter the $ comp.

Dan - If im not able to get a deckie spot i might try to hitup shortie to borrow a yak - never fished from one though so it'd make for an awsome day HAHA!

I reckon sovereign islands to nerang river boundary in nerang maybe boundary as in roads ross st (nice name for a street ;) ) and Marken st for the nerang
/>http://maps.google.com.au/maps?rlz=1T4DAAU_enAU315&q=gold+coast&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Gold+Coast&gl=au&ei=MCErTJu3A828cbvCrdEC&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CA8Q8gEwAA

and obviously not further than the seaway

opinions :)

Archived