First Social bream comp! [ EOI ]

51MPL

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still working on the limits but here are a couple proposed HQ's - i'll put it upto a vote but i like the one behind the swimming pool better. Should be closer - saves the hassle of coming up seaworld drive and being at 5am should be enough parking space for us all (about 30)

HQ A

Located behind the swimming pool on your left hand side as you come down the GC Highway

hq2.jpg

HQ B

Boat ramp next to Seaworld

hq1.jpg

i might be in this 1, put my name down for it please, if brad and trav take their boats 2, i'll have a spot for some 1.

i reckon the boundaries should be from a line not more than 100 mtrs past wave break islant to the north and into the nerang river,

keeps every 1 close and can run over n say g;day maybe even a chat, i know where i'm goin brah ! lmao

:laugh:

51MPL wrote:

I just hope someone can confirm for us =]

Does anyone have a portable BBQ? Don't know about the possibility of finding an area big enough for us all + cars & trailers?

Mate I've got a webber Q I can bring, took it to the Clean Up social. Does the job fine, nice and compact

I'd love to say yeah why not tugger, but it's upto everyone else.. I think the idea of these events will be for those new to fishing/bream fishing to come and learn off the pro's about how to catch bream on lures.

It's never too late to try tugger, I only caught my first bream on a hardbody a few months ago

That's just my opinion though what does everyone else think?

I too myself am only a real novice with bream on lure... I'm thinking the only way to learn is to keep the bait at bay and stay with the lures.

Either way I'm not using bait, it's a great opportunity to fish somewhere new and try new things.

Brett

Hey guys, the reason for not using bait was gonna be to make the comp like a mock tournament situation. The idea was not only to compete, but to introduce people to using hardbodies and plastics that normally might not.

We didn't want to exclude the people who love their bait fishing, it's really just an opportunity to come along and learn from people who might be able to give the beginners a few tips. So even if you've never lured before, put your name down and get paired up with someone who has done a bit of lure fishing :):)

well you lure boys can come with me and learn how to thread a yabby on a hook without getting nipped........lol

I must admit, im like tugger, I would miss fishing for bream with yabbys, but I also have a strong desire to master plastics and hard bodies so I reckon making it lures only is probably a good idea.

When is this comp on? Ive been looking for an excuse to get down the broadwater for a while now. Is it an over night stay on wave break island or just the day?

Cheers Beejay :)

thanks for the invite henry i do have light rods for bream but no lures thats all, have some hard bodies for flathead and don't know if they'll work on bream. work may get in my way still depending on the date which is yet to be decided

mark

Do$tylz wrote:

hey tugger.. come and jump with me in my boat mate. I'll lend you my gear to use :)

Yep all going well I'll have a yak bash at this. Think the boundary should be up the Nerang somewhere so those that want to get the kids out on yaks don't have to fear getting swamped by boat wash all day. Just a suggestion cause it can get pretty lumpy from boat & jetski traffic outside the 6 knot zones in that joint.... Also think you should prob look at Budds Beach or something like that as a base - plenty of room for a bbq and pretty protected too if the weather turns to crap, I don't know if there is a boat ramp at Budds or nearby though. Just suggestions - I'm happy to go with the flow.

AFO now has a new Event feature of the Community section. Members can now easily make events (eg if you are organising a social, want to promote your local fishing club event, camping trip etc). You can choose what type of event it is Open (All site members can join your event and RSVP) or Private (Only invited people can RSVP. Others will be able to request an invitation.)

This is another feature we have introduced to help with members to organise socials and foster a community spirit and interaction.

You can find events http://australianfishing.com.au/community/events or the link in your profile

:) enjoy

Thankyou everyone for the interest! I think Scope hit the nail on the head by saying that the whole idea of this event (and those hopefully to come) is for those who haven't caught a bream on lure to come and get some tips and tricks off those more experienced..

I only just recently caught my first fish on a HB with Angus' help so please come along and give it a go!

What does everyone think about dates? Assuming most people work mon-friday which leaves weekends free - What would suit everyone better? A weekend comp? Saturday/Sunday?

Bit of inspiration :P

breamskiii.jpg - Where'd my plastic go?

I originally planned it to be a one day event, however if people have days off etc getting together and having a AFO camp on wavebreak would be great - maybe for one of the future events we could organise this?

*** Important ***

What is a reasonable southern limit for the competition?

51MPL wrote:

Thankyou everyone for the interest! I think Scope hit the nail on the head by saying that the whole idea of this event (and those hopefully to come) is for those who haven't caught a bream on lure to come and get some tips and tricks off those more experienced..

I only just recently caught my first fish on a HB with Angus' help so please come along and give it a go!

What does everyone think about dates? Assuming most people work mon-friday which leaves weekends free - What would suit everyone better? A weekend comp? Saturday/Sunday?

Bit of inspiration :P

breamskiii.jpg - Where'd my plastic go?

What the.... MPL ahahah! :woohoo: you caught a bream on just a Jighead???? Just like that guy on youtube and the "Gulp Alive scent experiment" :laugh:

I dont think ill be attending though I think its best to measure from the fork since that eliminates any sort of stretching capabilities...

Nah i was using a plastic, won't have to worry about giving away what kind of plastic as the fish did that for me :)

Why won't you be attending QB?

Event is up so please join it guys!

/>http://australianfishing.com.au/community/events/viewevent/11-Bream+Social

** Invites sent to those who are on my 'friend' list for afo, can someone tell me if tehy are able to join by themself?

Archived