First Social bream comp! [ EOI ]

51MPL

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

billp wrote:

Is this still going to be fish where you like on the coast, and meet back at the pool at 2? Or will there be certain boundaries like the Nerang?

One other thing, this is a catch and release thing isn't it? Take a photo and have it judged?

All information should be on the events page

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/community/events/viewevent/11-Bream+Social

n.b - there will be no southern/upstream boundary - as long as you can get there with your boat from the boat ramp at hq then its open slather :)

I can't see it being a problem Bill. My point about getting there via boat from the HQ was just so people don't end up in woop woop. Its more just a meet and greet and a bit of fun to hold everyone over until the BRC. :)

Its only a social comp so no one will be keeping tabs on anyone - except kreel :laugh:

I think we'll try have this one with no limit and see how it goes and adjust accordingly for the following comps if need be.. Shame you cant make it dassa - could come in the arvo for a bbq though?

And on the BBQ note - just snags and bread?

i work night shift.. and day shift, got to bed at like 5am. just wokeup late got work at mid-day til 8 tonight.. go home get stuff ready etc nap then head to the hq =]

Bri no fees involved Scope and myself will be supplying the food and Damiki the softies..

Donations in gold coin are welcome to be sent through to AFO not us.

51MPL wrote:

So this is how the day 'should' go down, meetup HQ around say 5am for a quick brief & to give each competitor a random item they must have in the photos they submit.

Head off and do your best but be back before 2pm for us to add up your 5 total fish. BBQ and beers to be had after this which will be a good end to the day :cheer:

Date: 14th August

HQ Location: Opposite Bicycle World - 78 Marine Parade Southport, 4215. As you come down the Gold Coast highway headed towards Surfers Paradise it is on your left hand side.

Located behind the swimming pool on your left hand side as you come down the GC Highway

hq2.jpg

Here's a googlemap link =]

/>http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Bicycle+World,+Southport,+Queensland&sll=-27.964366,153.41668&sspn=0.005553,0.011362&ie=UTF8&hq=Bicycle+World,&hnear=Southport+Queensland&ll=-27.963689,153.415715&spn=0.002658,0.005681&t=h&z=18&iwloc=A

Time: Briefing at HQ around 5.30am so people have time to leave the briefing and get onto boats and to your spot at sunrise. Meetup HQ again at 2pm (Basically 7 hours to fish - 6am > 1pm then come to HQ)

* 5 fish max and total length wins - measurments to the fork

My apologies to 51MPL and Scope. I woke at 3:30 am ready to go however Tacklebox was feeling unwell so we had to cancel. We wouldn't have made it though in my eagerness to get there I looked at the Event page and thought the HQ was at Broadwater Rd Hope Island. That'll teach me not to read on.

I hope the day went well - I'm looking forward to reading the reports.

eg_vtec wrote:

fishingnut wrote:
Sorry I couldn't be at the bbq today, had some drama with steves motor and left early. Certainly wasnt easy

did u get to give the 101 a flick?

Yeah mate really happy with it cheers, thought it was u den pulled afew more around the corner too couldn't really hit the spots we had planned with the motor issue but we kept trying anyways.

Archived