State of Origin fishing spots

tugger

will any one be giving the surf beach a go during the SOO this year as i am taking my surf rod and going to give it a crack, we can take an esky with a few drinks and a bit of bait and chase the jew and tailor in the gutters or off the rock groin. its not a bad way to make it a bit more social as you can all line up on the beach together and i know 1 driver that can drop us off if we want to have a few drinks

I'll be bringing my surf rod and every other rod I own, I just wish I had enough hands to use them all at one time, by the looks of the numbers I'm gunna need to !! :laugh: :blink::blink: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Yeah the beach has been fishing well lately according to all reports. ;)

Cheers. :laugh: :laugh:

tugger wrote:

will any one be giving the surf beach a go during the SOO this year as i am taking my surf rod and going to give it a crack, we can take an esky with a few drinks and a bit of bait and chase the jew and tailor in the gutters or off the rock groin. its not a bad way to make it a bit more social as you can all line up on the beach together and i know 1 driver that can drop us off if we want to have a few drinks

Im not standing in ankle deep water nearyou blokes if your drinkin beer :laugh: dodge the warm spots :laugh:

that sounds like a likely place as any to start from

mark

Angus wrote:

The beach down there is awesome.

There is a small outcrop of rock north of the groin that I have with good results in the past.

Tonnes of bait on the beach as well for those that like to collect their own.

Angus

• 3 weeks later...

Ha ha the yakkers think they have got an advantage over the stinkys, reading the yak group :laugh: just remember some of us have boats that dont draw much more that those flaoting jumps yous paddle around in :laugh: also we can cover the ground to get to where the fish are.. :ohmy:

:laugh: ask shortie about last years bung efforts... i left them in the back of the boat by the little plastic half arsed things that are meant to keep them in... i saw them bounce about 20 meters in the air heading down the highway on the way down :ohmy:

:laugh: thats a good start, i think i ran over 1 of them too!

hopefully pick the haines up tomorrow and get some welding done on it, bloody rocket launcher broke on the way down to andrews and had to cut the wiring for the spottie and all round white light, so that needs to be fixed too, then the wheel bearings, damn, i should just take down the tinnie, well i'll watch the weather and see how we go.

Archived