Mouth 'O' the River, this Sunday 11th

Ash

"btw did u ever own a starlet?"

LOL, i dont even know what a starlet is!

Sorry!

Yeah itll be good Kriso, I havent fished salt in a very long time. I might bring the mini stove top for some hot coffee though, been bloody cold! :blink:

lol, in that case, if its just me it'll be Green Tea. And its too cold for a skirt, so maybe a grannie blanket?

Any particular lures being doing the work lately?

Ive got some Slam baits i might give a go.

weathers looking pretty sweet so far for sunday morn , under 10knots all morning run in tide from 4 am. anyone else going to come out for a fish, were probably launching from fisho's and pulling up stumps round 9am unless fish a biting pretty hard.

was a slow morning mate, hit the rockwall out the front and was onto a squire on a pillie straight up, then a pike on damiki vault, then nothing happening so tried the bp pumping station, pulled a 20cmish bream from there on a vault it went dead so headed into boggy before we had to leave and got a small whiting from there on the vault as well, so pretty slow but still good fun to get out there, was happy i got my first whitting and bream on HB so that was cool. saw plenty people flicking but not many people pulling in fish. also bumped into sweresy from the site at the ramp who also said he had a slow one too.

was a slow morning for us as well... also hit the rockwall early and managed to land 5 pike on the plastics, cut one up for strip bait for a mate who's a baito and he managed a handful of big hits but failed to set the hooks. swapped two other rods to pike bait and managed two squire just under. managed a small flounder on plastics before deciding to move.

the bite went off and we casted for some livies and hit up an empty wharf, couldn't get a bit of quiet water with boats constantly anchoring within 10m of us drifting. it's amazing how people think throwing anchor and chain over the side of the boat, then pulling it up rattling the chain over the bow only to throw the anchor 5 minutes later isn't going to scare the fish away.

hit up boggy as a final ditch and only managed one flatty before losing it boatside.

nice day to be out on the water, a little annoying with the amount of boat traffic about and lack of courtesy both on the water and at the ramp.

Spent early Sunday morning out at Peel Is.

We pulled in about 15 fish but nothing to write home about.

We had two at 28cm but the rest were between 5cm and 15cm... pretty annoying really.

Last few trips out have been like this, the wife is starting to question my reasons for going out LOL.

yeah it was slow. Good to catch up and head out with Kriso though, ben a while. Unforetunetly I got D'nut, but it was fun to have the whaler out in the salt again. That being said, i forget how much more work salt water fishing is compared to fresh water! ;)

So, next time some of you young hot shots are going out to the wharves, let us know so I learn how to fish!

Fished the drop-offs around the mouth from about 7am to 1pm. 2 on the boat. Caught about 10 squire between 30 - 35cm and one just over 35. Also caught 2 flattie (50cm & 38cm). Missed a couple of big hits on pillies. Probably big cod or maybe jewies because they dropped the bait after a short run with plenty of pressure but no head shakes. So pretty quiet, but I have had a lot quieter.

BTW, does anyone know what time they opened the grassy parking area. There were lots of trailers parked illegally when I got there, but heaps of space on the grass.

I spent 25 mins at the poo pipe for 5 herring for livies.

My mate got a 41cm flattie at the pipeline on a pillie, I got a pike on a Deep Throat. Livies not even touched.

Then headed out to mud cause the water looked so calm, picked up about 12 25 - 35cm squire on pillies. Had a hit on livie but no hook up. That was about it for the day. Did see about 12 dolphins hanging around mud.

Archived