Pine River - what's doin?

Cliffy

Taking the young fella out tomorrow for a flick, it's his birthday so his choice of spot. He likes Deep Water Bend, so we're heading up the Pine River a ways, throw the pots in, etc. It'd be great if he got hooked up to something other than the usual vermin (catties, rays, etc) that seem to live over that way, wondered if anyone had any decent spots or tips we could try :) I'll have a mix of HB's, SP's and some cut bait (prawn, squid, pilchards) on board - any other suggestions welcome!

(Oops - not sure how this ended up under the kayaking thread!)

Post edited by: Cliffy, at: 2007/04/24 22:23

Hey mate, if your taking your boat anchor up right next to the pine river bridge. There is a green beacon about 20m from the bridge anchor between the bridge and the beacon and cast out towards the structure at the bridge or if the tide is running out throw at the beacon. i have always done very well in this spot. And there are reports of some big bream around that area at the moment.

A very good spot for muddies is a stretch of mangroves about 20m from the mouth of the sth pine river. i have caught some monsters in my pots in the past. Also if you anchor at the mouth of the sth pine the is a nice hole and has provided me with flathead, bream, whiting, flounder, cod and mangrove jack.

The mouth of bald hills creek is also very good. Probably the best spot in the pine for flathead

And if you want a feed of sand crabs put the pots in at shellys beach at the mouth of the river awesome spot!

Good luck!!

At the moment i've been hiring a boat from bears boat hire at dohles rocks. Hopefully in the next few months i will be getting myself a boat or a yak just got to do abit more saving.

I used to have a 3.75m sea jay with a honda 4 stroke 9.9 hp. it was a top boat and the motor was a gem. But being a first year apprentice chef living out of home meant i had to sell her:(

Archived