17th & 18th July

Hunter

Weather is looking a little windy on Saturday, but Sunday looks very good. I have not fished Mud Island for a few years now and I was thinking about giving it another go Saturday night. Are there still good Snapper around Mud Island or is it a little hard going?

I know last time I caught plenty of Small Squire at multiple positions. However going back 4-5 years there was often a few good size fish.

Also, do people think plastics can work ok at night for snapper or is it better to swap to bait once night falls.

Anyway - interested in peoples response, other wise I will probably give Mud a miss and skip over to favourite spots around Moreton.

I have caught the odd good fish to 40cm in the river but nothing great with respect to snapper. Jewies have been great this year and I happy to have caught 5 legals.

Given lack of comments regarding Mud island, think will head to Moreton

Generally reports indicate the place is swarming with under and just over legal squire. However the odd report still comes in of some small horses caught late or early a bit away from the usual spots. 10m zone. Fished at the right time in the right way at the right tide with the moon at the right place ....yada yada yada I haven't figured it out but some have. I'd go to Moreton if I were you too.

Archived