Looking for big Carp fishing Logan/Albert river

Markus

Hi guys,

Looking to fish the Logan/Albert river for some decent sized Carp this weekend. I've never been to the river(s) before so if you know any good spots that would be grand. If you are geeky and have google map co-ordinates then even better ;)

Other than that, if you know any good places to catch decent size carp within an hours drive from Brisbane then I would be very interested.

Thanks

Markus

:) Only cos Im a pommy and that's what we like to fish for! However I'm just as keen on Aussie fishing too, and had a great weekend catching Bass the other weekend at AFO winter camp! Its just Im keen to catch some decent sized carp whilst Im overhere too, and Il be doing a small favour by taking them out of the Aussie gene pool too.

There are plenty of carp in the upper reaches of the albert if your land based you are limited to a few spots but if you have a yak there is plenty of spots to catch them from if you get there nice and early start at stanmore rd bridge and head up stream from there. While throwing divers for bass up there through the day ive picked up a few nice size carp. All dead and buried as required.

There is one land based spot that might be worth a look head south on beaudesert beenliegh rd just after cedar creek rd there is a carpark on your left with a small play ground there a planty of carp in a deep pool about 100 meters up river from there near the swing hanging out of the tree, there is also a resident population of jungle perch that would do well with a few less carp in there. With waders you can walk a fair way in either direction from here or some reef walkers if your keen, water is very cold here running of the mountains nearby

30032008004.jpg

Albert river carp

30032008005.jpg

albert river carp

IMG_3119.jpg

This is the spot your looking for at cedar creek

Aaron H wrote:

Drive towards Beaudesert and have a look in the Refedex for where the Logan river is crossed by a road near Jimboomba. Plenty of carp in there, did an exploratory trip about a year back and caught some nice size carp

do you mean the mt lindsay highway bridge over the logan between north and south maclean

@Dan/Aaron/Tyrion/Jeff Cheers guys for letting us know some good spots, whether its tomorrow or another time I will get down there

@Angus Mate, we'll definately go carping at some point. Lots of people underestimate the fighting power of these fish, they are great on light tackle and can grow pretty big. They are far more active in the warmer weather. However its slightly confusing as your winter is like my summer back home, and back home in the summer the fish can become too lazy as the weather heats up and oxygen becomes low in the water. In the uk, the best time to catch carp is early/late summer when the nights are cooler.

Archived