2010- August Damiki FOTM chat flathead

kriso

That 1+ meter fish is scary.

Biggest photo's I have (I am just trying to dig them up) is a 98cm sent to me by Leeann Payne, and a 96cm caught by Terry H at Noosa when we were kayaking.

I have seen photo's of people holding ones they claim to be over a meter (and some of them very well could have been) but its hard to say without the brag shot.

Angus

first fish of a thready session yesterday ended up with a small flatty. adrian lost a thready going aerial straightening hooks but later redeemed himself with a 80-90cm model. not bothering to enter into monthly comp, all fish fell to plastics. can't show pics of others sorry.

cheers

eug

DSC06139_Medium.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Keep fighting for this guys.

I had to break it to Mat Johnston but the photo of the fish on the measure is not the whole fish. It seems like a minor technicality, but rules are rules and there is really no room leniancy or we would be getting "exceptions" requests every time.

Awesome fish though Mat!

Angus

yeah pretty spewing. Its hard when the priority is getting the fish back in the water and not taking 17 different angles and positions. The amount of fish in photo is still bigger than the next biggest entrant so i don't really understand - you mention at the start of the thread that 'ensure your measure photo is clear and accurate as it could easily be decided by mm's!'. This fish clearly won by more than mm's - even if you dont count the 1 inch that is not in the photo...

Maybe you should put it to the second place getter to make the call on who he thinks won as that is the only person affected?

Members,

This has gone to the panal and the sponsor of this event. In the Sticky Post detailing the entry format for this online competition it clearly states "To be eligible for the prize, you will need photographic proof taken on the day of the catch showing the whole fish next to a measuring device with easily read numerical incriments...".

Thus only entries conforming to this are eligible. This is essentially the same for our actual events as well and in fairness to the people who take the effort to submit eligible entries, there is no room for exceptions.

We fully understand the good intentions behond trying to get a fish back in the water ASAP. However this format still suits that perogative far more than any alternatives (eg stringing a fish up to weigh it).

Regards

The Team

Brisbane Fishing Online

/.

Good point to know and will be sure to have the entire fish in any of my photos that i plan on submitting, rules are rules i guess and they are for everyones benefit.

Well done Matjohnston on a cracker fish though, although not technically the winner its a lovely specimen and one to be proud of !!

Archived