pics from the last few days

fergie

with the wekend all to myself there was only one thing to do. go fishing :cheer:

spent most of saturday flicking sp's and trolling hb's. targeting flatty's was the main objective. sure enough landed plenty of them, mostly around the 40cm mark. and an unexspected flounder which had taken aliking to my artifical bait :silly: 55555.jpg

sunday morning, wake up, hook the boat up and off again, in search of some bigger lizards. there's some strange weed going through the passage at the moment which was having an affect on trolling lures. so tryed out some new spots. headed towards the mouth where the water is alot clearer. found some good sand banks to hit up, within a couple of cast's i was on to something substantial :woohoo:

it's been a while since i've landed a lizard of this size in the passage and forgot what is was like to catch one. it was only 62cm but it went hard i was wondering up until now where they had gone. 88888.jpg

met kylie at the ramp around lunch time for a troll on the last of the out going tide.

the funky weed wasn't as bad by this time and our hb's had half a chance of staying in the water for longer.kylie managed her first on the lox. 52cm model.

a few more lizards were landed and were around the 50cm mark.

it's good to see the bigger ones getting around. :cheer: 99999.jpg

fergie wrote:

ryanyoung wrote:
Nice fish there Fergie, I am getting keen as to hit up some spots when I get back up to Brissy!!!

look forward to wetting a line with ya. i still have your lip grips :dry:

Ha ha, no dramas mate, look forward to it. I am free a fair bit these days lol!!!

Malcolm wrote:

good stuff fergie how's the yammy treating ya? looking at getting a new outboard

can't go wrong with a yammy. if ya get a 2 stroke get the 3 cyclinder model, i think they start at 20hp. i can't say much for the yammy cv(2 cyclinder) not enough grunt but there's a $2000 diffrence in the 40hp between 2 cyclinder and 3 cyclinder.

ellicat wrote:

Had plans changed on heading up there this weekend myself. Looks like some nice flatties getting about. JB's bream looks a decent size. Was that at Bullcock ?

Was the weed worse on the rising or falling tide ?

the weed was consistently every where i went. but not as bad at low tide which was when i was getting most fish. it's was more like an algae weed not sea grass.(something i havn't seen for a long time) maybe the lack of rain has something to do with it.

and yes the bream was caught at bullcock near the rocks at the big 6 knot sign.

Archived