flathead session turned into a arvo of mishaps .

Davo_Dinkum

well i should of known is was going to be a adventure .

so it sort of started last night with a fairly big 1 and the mrs watching grandson for the night.

with a little one in there house there was 4 am feed me wake up through the night,i didn't do anything , but woke up .so a unsettled sleep and a late wake up at after 10 am.

after a few coffee's it was to almost 12 ,to late to do the mouth so decided Johnson rock to near collages area is the go with some nice flathead pulled from there before.

so start getting ready and daughter and boyfriend turn up to get the kid ,he saw i was going fishing and tagged along .so ended up the deckie was daughters Boyfriend ,think he felt a bit average too after his turned 20 bday night.

so off we go with a few stops,pump up a 1/2 flat tyre stop, some food and fluid we get to kooka.dammit the battery flat ,so a change around batterys so i got a batt for the elect .

then had to stuff about and steal the terminals off the car cause only the biggest batt has the wing nut terminals.

so off we go heading to Johnson rock ,saw dan had a quick chat .

then we go to sneak around the tree and rock bar before johnson rock .

i have done this many times now ,even a half a dozen at low tide.

just sneak around at idle as its really shallow and u nick the prop on the bottom a little.

well as we get around the tree is all go pear shaped as the current grabs us rams up into the tree .so arms every where grabbing rods before they get broken ,then we broke a few tree branches as the current was mega full on and smashing us about .

so ok get the deckie to grab a ore and push the nose of the tinny straight out into the current and full throttle go for it.

well we made it through ,full throttle and me leaning and lifting the motor to tilt it and try to hit less rocks and even at full the old 3.5 was only pushing us walking pace.

there was about 5 guys on the rock bar so they would have enjoyed the show .

so next set of shallows after Johnson rock ,there is a little island .

so we hop out and walk through ,then head towards collages.

get to the other end of the island and walk over the shallows and there we go.

so settled in and soaking a few pillies and me flicking a plastic here and there,in between a few cold ones .so spent a few hrs there no luv ,couldn't even lose a bait .

i think we where just way to much on the end of the low tide and the fresh was just rushing through .i have been there low tide before and it was way stronger and more than them times .

the river was very very dirty ,last time is saw so much crap in the river was after the last really big rains .

so bugger it head home before dark .

so to be on the safe side and since it looked like the tide had turned but the fresh was still pushing down the river hard we got out and walked the 2 shallows .

well on the second lot at the tree and rock bar ,i yell ouch and a peace of glass went straight through my croc and into my foot .

so the adventure is almost at a end and we get back to the ramp and stuff about in the dark with a torch .tinny didn't want to pull straight on the trailer took me 2 goes ,had to put the battery terminals back on the car snapped the winch cable .

did this last trip out in the tinny too so i replaced the winch with one i had here ,well guess it was old and crap too .

so then only 1/2 the trailer lights work so to the servo and stuff about with them then home .

so it was still good to get out but now i'm tired /buggered and have a sore foot and no fish .

i think this the third report i have written on :how to write a report about catching no fish but having a adventure .

i'm glad i have only had 3 trips like this over 2 the last 2 years .

oh and my deckie left one of my rods with the scariest birds nest i have ever seen , definitely a cut off and start new job.

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

there was about 5 guys on the rock bar so they would have enjoyed the show .

oh and my deckie left one of my rods with the scariest birds nest i have ever seen , definitely a cut off and start new job.

There's about 50 blokes on here enjoying the imagery ROFL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Keep the birdsnest. You're a man and shouldn't be beaten by a bit of string ! :unsure: :blush: :dry:

Crackup report Davo !

Good on ya Davo for the report, I wonder how many others have days like that and dont admit it, Hope the foots not too bad.

I spent the day changing my first bearing, then had to take the brakes off (first time) to remove the Hub, then get it all back on again re fit the Dura Hub and then found out that the filler plug screw thing on the Duran Hub was stuffed and was probably the whole reason that water was getting into the hub so I now have to get a new hub and fit that. Hope that makes you feel a bit better mate ;)

haven't been beaten by the string yet ,being a ocd person i spent 3 hrs untangling it all .

was thinking last night stand on a piece of glass is better than standing on a bullrout .

ah wheel bearing and hubs they can be a pain .

foot not to bad ,bit itchy and little swollen can walk on it just not full pressure ,should be ok in cpl of days i think, small wound about 2cm wide ,not to deep as there was not a lot of blood .just one of those annoying wounds ,should be plenty annoying as i'm driving a manual car all week and its my clutch foot .

changed my call after drive the car to drop the kids off and going to the shops .

its going to be bloody annoying ,cut is on the front pad behind my toes right in the centre .

walk and push clutch with the side of my foot ,bloody annoying .

oh well at least i will have something to whinge about for the week.

Davo, One where the picture for the wounds Gallery and mate get it looked at and cleaned out properly and have you had the jab for Tetanus? cuts to the feet go really bad quick and can casue thrombosis's and make you leg swell up especially if your'e walking on it, no joke mate get it dressed even if its a small one. :S

daveylad: Davo, One where the picture for the wounds Gallery and mate get it looked at and cleaned out properly and have you had the jab for Tetanus? cuts to the feet go really bad quick and can casue thrombosis's and make you leg swell up especially if your'e walking on it, no joke mate get it dressed even if its a small one.

In total agreeance with this, especially after my incident with my foot that I had recently. You just never know and you dont want it to go downhill, it is deffinately not a good thing. :dry:

On the up side, what a great read! :laugh:

After reading this, it makes me feel better that I havent been having any luck lately (especially with finding the fish). Deffinately hang in there. I sympathaise all to well with you and lets hope next time isnt full off mishaps! ;)

unlucky davo, sounds like an adventure alright, we all have trips like that though, good read aswell :) Same thing happened to me out at colleges a couple months ago, walking bare footed stood on something sharp, swelled up super quick, got infected and was real bad for about a week.

yeah we had a few beers made the arvo better and a few scotch's when i got home.

foot is good tonight ,cleaned it this morning .

by this arvo i was walking and using the clutch pretty much normally,with just a hint of a reminder there is a cut there .

its still all clean and look ok ,i did wash it with a fishing rag and in the water a few times when i did it .

don't know what it is about my left foot but it copped a bit over the last 2 years .

did something not sure but it was swollen and bruised for 3 months .

went to the doctors for that 1 as i could barely walk .

then the beginning of this year i think ,i dropped a tail gate off a tipper on it.

missed the steel cap and clobbered my foot .that was tended and bruised for 5 months .

mrs reckoned i should go to the doctors but i never did ,figured if i can walk it ain't broken .maybe i should have as it kept bruising for 5 months ,oh well too late now .

and now a cut .

my poor left foot it's copped hell .

that number 3 so now its hands or other foot that's going to cop it .lol

well as i say .

i don't always catch fish but i have a adventure.

here is a pic of my croc ,no pic of the wound .it clean now and not very impressive.

shoe.jpg

mite have to splash out and spent 7 $ on some new cros's ,wonder what colour i will get next .

wounds only look good when they have the blood and crap all in them ,unless its a hook .

plan is for Saturday hopefully get up early ish ,then hit up around the mouth of Brisbane river area /boggy creek.

haven't fish the usual spots or anywhere for a bit ,so have done the kooka /collages area .

so now the bris river mouth area and tinny creek to do .

i want to have a try at FOTM ,never really had a try so flathead is a fish i can get ok .

i have seen heard about and caught good ones form the collages /kooks park area but nothing over the 60 cm mark .

i want to try and get a big 1 :)

he is keen ,was asking me about next weekend .

but a decent day out ,not just a quick a arvo one .

guess he has faith in me .

on his first fishing trip with me last year he got onto his first fish ever and on a lure too. was a wild bass ,caught at kholo.

dam deckies ,i have been to kholo 4 time and only got doughnuts .

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

plan is for Saturday hopefully get up early ish ,then hit up around the mouth of Brisbane river area /boggy creek.

haven't fish the usual spots or anywhere for a bit ,so have done the kooka /collages area .

so now the bris river mouth area and tinny creek to do .

i want to have a try at FOTM ,never really had a try so flathead is a fish i can get ok .

i have seen heard about and caught good ones form the collages /kooks park area but nothing over the 60 cm mark .

i want to try and get a big 1 :)

yea im yet to get a 60cm flatty out around that area, got one that was mid 50's awhile back though. I'll be out at kooka again this sunday for another fish, good luck out at the mouth. :)

daveylad wrote:

Davo I hope they went't your best ones! I've got another pair of Crocks tthat I dont wear mate if I catch up you can heave them, and I've still got tuggers in the boot of the car

i just get croc's for fishing /beach /camping thongs .

i got some nice leather ones ,worked out the hard way not to take them fishing and get them wet .wet leather = not nice or comfortable.

used to wear them big W ford thongs ,the foam ones .

but they are about 12 $ now and only last a few months ,and u slip over easy in them .

at first i refused to wear croc's ,i though they look yuck and would be uncomfortable .

mrs made me try them .

croc's are the go, cheaper ,have good grip even when they worn out .

but i don't even buy the croc brand ,get the cheapies from the cheapie shop.

yes you are right about the bullrouts definately don't want to stand on them good report dave with heaps of colour. come up to somerset next month dave you don't have to worry about the shallows or current we can drink plenty of cold ones and eradicate plenty of those pesky redclaw mmmmmmm

tugger wrote:

yes you are right about the bullrouts definately don't want to stand on them good report dave with heaps of colour. come up to somerset next month dave you don't have to worry about the shallows or current we can drink plenty of cold ones and eradicate plenty of those pesky redclaw mmmmmmm
when r u going up there mark will try an plan something as well

Archived