YAK Bass Brissy river fresh-Sept 4th

Ash

You can count me in on this Ash - been hangin for September to come around. I'm led to believe above the weir to Kholo bridge is a no fishing zone (maybe someone here can confirm?). Sweetwater fishing has some good spots recommended on their site (I won't post the link as I'm not sure on the legalities :unsure: ).

batman wrote:

This is my neck of the woods so give me a shout!

I have been doing quite a few trips from Fernvale to Kholo so I have a pretty good idea of whats what in the area.

I havent fished that section, whats it like? Have much success along that area? If we have some local knowledge may be a goer ;)

mongrel jack wrote:

You can count me in on this Ash - been hangin for September to come around. I'm led to believe above the weir to Kholo bridge is a no fishing zone (maybe someone here can confirm?). Sweetwater fishing has some good spots recommended on their site (I won't post the link as I'm not sure on the legalities :unsure: ).

Hey, I think from memory its 400m above the wier, and 200 m below. And also 50m down from old wier? The last one I just heard about, havent confirmed if it legit though

This will be good, i'm yet to pull a fish from up past Kholo, but the place definetly looks fishy enough. B) I can't make it on the 4th but probably will go on the 5th which is on the Sunday, haven't got anything planned on that day yet, if anyone is interested. I'm thinking of launching from Twin bridges, looks like a real nice spot. :)

I wouldn't know for sure, as I havent been up to Twin Bridges. From the pics ive seen and what I've heard, one side of the bridge has a set of shallow rapids while the other is more calm and deep waters. I've been up to Kholo bridge once and it would be fine. Twin bridges would prbs also be fine, but better to check from someone on here i reckon. I just thought twin bridges looked real good from soe pics ive seen. Here is abit of info about it that i found.

/>http://www.bassnyak.com/twin-bridges.html

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry to do this considering it was my thread to begin with, but due to work I can't do sat morning! I'm going to give myself a fathers day present and go early Sunday morn for a few hours instead. For those going sat, good luck!!! Look forward to your reports!

Archived