somerset 10th to the 12th sept

tugger

the AFO Wanderers group are heading up to somerset dam for the weekend 10th to the 12th september we are setting up camp just before somerset village opposite the shop which is below the dam wall. some of us may get there on the thursday and stay till monday with the camp site already booked there is plenty of room to throw up a tent or other as there is plenty of space on this site. we will be hunting redcalw and some may even fish but i enjoy after the days activities kicking back around a fire while chewing on some crayfish and knocking back some coldies. anyone is welcome and we'll see how much interest we have with this one and may book some ajoining sites for more room

mark

hopefully we get a few people coming along the more the merrier.

for any newbie's wanting to learn about catching redclaw it would be a good 1 to come along too.

a easy feed to catch and people there to give u tips ,or for the people who all ready catch redclaw and want a feed.

if u want to meet some AFO people in a very casual/social environment its a good 1 for that too.

there is a play ground beside the camping grounds and play grounds /bbq at the spit .

there is a good mix of single people ,couple's and family's ,so every 1 fits in.

last AFO Wanderers social there ,i went up me and a mate .

after the first day and night there ,i had such a good time and a nice spot .

i came home and got the family ,spent 2 more nights up there .

plenty of space for them to run around in at camp i'll bring up the cricket set and we'll have a slog with them, we've done that before and its a hit with the kids. there is also a track right behind the camp which takes you down onto the stanley river for them to have a flick around for bass

crazywalrus wrote:

hey guys - after seeing my two active boys at SOO is it ok I bring them along for the weekend?

ok

i got friday off but gettin a sound systen installed into the falc, so who's goin up when, i get to pick it up about 5 pm, there abouts, i will be there earlier. then will just need to come home hook up the oay and i'm on my way, all be it late, but will arrive bout 8.30 ish at the latest, my mobile number is 0402 450 783 if you think you might need anything

i have booked the big shelter and the ajoining site which has the track that runs down onto the stanley river booked it will have witches hats marking these sites out for us from the manager on the thursday on this will give us ample room for plenty of us punters. i will have firewood but feel free to bring more i will also bring my gas light for the shelter and it has a small 2 burner gas stove attached. let us know if anyone needs a tent as i have a couple of small ones to lend for the weekend

mark

i take a small gen up there when we are up there for a week or more .

i just run it for 4 hrs during the day to charge battery's ,cheaper than running the car .

from the site :generators may be used but must be turned off between 8pm and 7 am .

here is the link for info on the site , its a pdf file :

/>http://www.seqwater.com.au/public/sites/default/files/userfiles/file/pdfs/Somerset_Camping_web.pdf

plenty of room kev but that makes 2 poms and if we get bri onboard we'll feel like the foreigners, i'll bring up some skis but unlikely i'll get in the water it's only mad dogs and english men that get in with it that cold.

MoparKevUk wrote:

Room for an Essex Pom??? Anyone bringing water skis? Reckon I've got the knack now!!! :dry:

Hopefully get Friday off an see you AM sometime! B)B)B)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived