bucketing at boyd's

jon

sitting at home the other just itching for a fish, only thing was it was aboslutley pissing down. checked all the weather sites looking for some dry ground but but it was wet as, all the way to the coast. so said stuff it any way chcuked all me gear in the ute and headed to the coast with two other mates. we decide to hit up tweed heads coz there is a good bridge thats under cover and holds some good fish around it.

when we arrived we had a brief reprieve from the rain which was good so i started jigging around and got some herring. first herring launched out to be forgotten about. fished for a about an hour until the tide slowed down then BANG. it was like somone turned on the switch just bream after bream and some of them were stonkers 40cm +. even manged to pull up a good sized luderick which was wierd coz i thought they only eat weed? Picture_010_AFO-20100812.jpg

being too busy bringing in big bream i forgot about the herring out there until zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz my reel strts screaming then stops just as i pick it up :angry: but about two seconds later it squealing again and i put the pressure on and this fish has some serious wieght about then all of a sudden the goes slack and i birng it in to find my big live almost without scales? does anyone know what does this , somone told me jew can. anyway it was a good night all in all with heps of brema landed biggest goin 41-42. oh and nice sized tailor the did the houdini and jumped of the platform back into the water :angry:Picture_009_AFO-20100812.jpgPicture_010_AFO-20100812.jpg

Joel Eadie wrote:

42 is a massive bream nice work, love to see a brag mat shot, shame you didnt catch them last month

yeah have been meaning to get one just been a tight arse, should probably go get before i go chasin some flatties this weekend :lol:

Archived