Wanted early edition of Grants Guide To Fishes.

elops

Hey Steve, check eBay mate, there is a 1972 with a "buy it now" price of $23 + $10 postage from a seller in Gympie
/>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/E-M-Grants-Guide-Fishes-marine-biology-hc-dj-/350383510266?pt=AU_Non_Fiction_Books_2

Getting hard to find these by the look of it, and they are bloody expensive! $50-$100 seems about the market for the older ones.

When I was about 10 my Grandparents bought me one from a garage sale.

At the time I didn't think much of it, but since then I have come to value it as a reference tool.

When I saw this post I thought to myself...self, go have a look at what year/edition it is.

Turns out it's a 1978 edition and is in pretty good condition, binding attached and all!

hope you get one soon.

rod

• 10 years later...
On 17/08/2010 at 11:55 PM, elops said:

Looking for an early edition of Grants Guide 1ST TO 5TH edition if anyone has one they would part with. Cash, trade or whatever.

cheers,

Steve.

I have an 1982 issue No #5  that I will sell. Cover is a little worn but book is in good condition.

Cathryn

cm@magazinemedia.com.au

3 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

I have a third edition (1975) signed by the man himself. I think I will hang onto it for now since they seem to be in demand. Hamish, she is asking $50.

Thanks Steve, I think I might take it! Will be a good use of the last couple of week's dunny cleaning payments 😉 I'll wait 'till my dad comes home first though to finalise. 

Cheers Hamish

18 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi Cathryn

I would certainly be interested in this offer. How much would you be willing to sell it for and where are you based?

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Hi Hamish,

I would sell it for $50.00 including postage as it is 3 kilos.  I can get it sent this week if you want it. I take papal or credit card.   my email address is cm@magazinemedia.com.au

Kind regards,

Cathryn

17 hours ago, rayke1938 said:

Got a second edition 1972 dust cover has a few tears.price is a smile. Pick up from redland bay

Cheers Ray

3 minutes ago, Cathryn said:

Hi Hamish,

I would sell it for $50.00 including postage as it is 3 kilos.  I can get it sent this week if you want it. I take papal or credit card.   my email address is cm@magazinemedia.com.au

Kind regards,

Cathryn

Sorry Cathryn, I think I will take Ray's one if he lets me.

@rayke1938, I would love that offer. So kind of you. I will see if my dad if I can make it to Redland Bay though as it is quite a far drive (there and back is 80 minutes or so, which might be a bit busy).

Cheers Hamish

1 hour ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Sorry Cathryn, I think I will take Ray's one if he lets me.

@rayke1938, I would love that offer. So kind of you. I will see if my dad if I can make it to Redland Bay though as it is quite a far drive (there and back is 80 minutes or so, which might be a bit busy).

Cheers Hamish

sure thing if it is free I would as well.  🙂   

I have an autographed first edition. No dust jacket. I got to meet the legend a few years ago where he signed it for me. Oh just bragging not selling haha soz. 

I have a few other autographed ones too but this one is my fave. 

You can still purchase them and they will autograph them if you ask. 

15 hours ago, rayke1938 said:

Will hold it for you Hamish. Could bw an excuse to meet at NPD  and have a fish one sunday. 0403072325 Cheers Ray

Hi Ray

Sounds great. The school holidays are ten days away (because there's a weekend in the middle), so sometime in there I think that could certainly happen 🙂 

I'm just focusing on al my school stuff right now until it's all over. Unfortunately my last exam is on my last day 😞 

Cheers Hamish