'Marriage wrecker' Two Tone carp found dead.

Angus

Sorry guys I had to share. I found this funny as.

How long have carp been in Aus?

"TWO Tone - Britain's legendary monster carp and the aquatic Holy Grail for legions of fishermen - has been found dead in his home lake of apparent natural causes.

He was believed to be between 40 and 45 years old.

Two Tone - named for his distinctive coloration - was a mere 5.4 kg when he was plunked into Conningbrook Lake near Canterbury, southeastern England, in 1982 as part of a stocking program.

When he was last caught and weighed two years ago, he registered a whopping 30.8 kg.

There were reports some fishermen spent up to 15 years trying to catch him and as many as four marriages broke up over the time anglers spent casting for him.

But he was wily to the end and only rarely got hooked. On the few occasions he was caught, Two Tone was always respectfully returned to the waters.

So widespread was his fame, Two Tone will not suffer any final indignities involving frying pans or stuffing. He will be buried next to his lake and a plaque will mark his grave, with a champagne toast planned to honour him.

Chris Logsdon, head of Mid-Kent Fisheries which owns Conningbrook, told the Angling Times he made the sad discovery of Two Tone's body.

"A couple of anglers called to say they'd seen a big carp floating dead on the surface which they thought might be Two Tone," he said. "So my son and I went straight over to investigate. Sure enough it was the old boy - I was gutted.

"He'd had a hard winter followed by a tough spring, but there wasnt a blemish on him - no scars, ulcers or any other sign of damage.

"He was just old - he must have been 40 or 45. It's very sad, the end of an era, because Two Tone was part of carp fishing history."

803347_two_tone_carp.jpg

In the day I used to catch a lot of carp out western NSW.

They go harder than a yellow belly or cod,quite a powerful fish.

Mind you that one looks like it would be a bit slow.

I have caught them easily over 15lbs and have seen clear rivers were large specimens of that size swim in small schools (15lb+).

A good fish in their own environment, bit a menace here.

Cheers

Archived