boat trailers -parts

straddiebrad

well as i come over my driveway,the car gets over and about a meter of the trailer then it starts to scrap and my back wheels are about 200mm away from the gutter,if i could get them over the gutter before it scraps the trailer may go over without scraping,hope this helps you out guys and thanks for your speedy response.brad

What size wheels are you running, maybe you could try 14" with a larger profile tyre if you have 13s at the moment. Or take your axle from on top of the springs to under the springs, you will need to put the trailer a bit deeper in at the ramp though

Brad... any chance of a pic of the drive and the trailer just before it scrapes? I had a similar problem where driveway is steep downhill to a box drain then up slightly into the garage. The floor of the garage is 20mm higher than the drive and you guessed it, the back of the trailer jams on that lip. Solved it with a keel roller turned upside down and bolted on the the rear of the trailer. This and a little ramp supports the weight of the boat for the 2.5 seconds it takes to get over the lip and the axle wheels to get back on the ground.

bootyinblue wrote:

I knew I had a picture and post of the problem I had with mine....

Last pic is the current set up and still working fine 4 years later :-)

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/5-boating/127056-trailer-trouble-with-a-roller#127156

booty my problem is at the front of the trailer as my car come over the drive-way and starts to head down it starts hitting about a meter up the draw-bar i will try and get a pic up tomorrow i will try all the idears from the cheapest the go forward from there,thanks for you help guys

mick fillet wrote:

hey brad your car got a hayman reese tow bar?

make an extenda bar that fits in the hayman reese.raise the tow ball hieght 250mm or more to give the trailor chasis clearance and just swap the hayman reese bars over when backing in drive way.

mick

you know where i could pick one up on a saturday it will do the trick if i can get one at 250mm thanks

simiderman,if i put the axle back it will hit further up the crossbar thats why i moved it forward as much as i could to bring the weight off the towball witch raised it but still not enough.thanks for all your help guys will try micks idear and go from there.brad

mick fillet wrote:

tow bar shop even some muffler shopsdo tow bars.

hey brad try using the one you gotand remove the tow ball around to the other side of the L bracket you might gain 100mm there with the one you allready got

allready done that mick still not enough just picked up the new one you were talking about this should give me heaps may need to get a longer jockey wheel though will put it on tomorrow and let you know how i went.brad

Archived