Thanks Flexo (Bridgestone Select SpringField)

shortie

Guy just had my car serviced by Flexo (DAle). As many of you know he manages Bridgestone Select at Springfield.

He will look after any AFO members that take their vehicle there for service.

And if your buying tyres dont say its only the Mrs and kids Car just put on cheap crap, unless you want a bunch of fives in the head. ROFL.

Do what i did and ask, what is the safest trye i should be using?

Thanks Again Dale

Richard.

oh and agreeing with shortie, as a mechanic , when it comes too , brakes,tyres and suspension these key things keep you your family and everyone else on the road alive so the cheapest tyre or brake pad or shockie isnt the best option and bridgestone have available very well priced high quality tyres and parts to keep you and yours safe - if you want a high risk ride take up bull riding.

big al wrote:

if your after tyres dont go there as bridgstone at browns plains is cheeper for same tyre .when i got price springfield would not even match there price .brownsplains was $15.00 a tyre cheeper and yes same tyre..so i got 4

Did you even read the post Big Al.

A site sponser and looks after AFO members.

Sometimes sales people make the decision that some customers are just going to be "to much hard work or problems so its not in their interest to price match."

Good luck shopping where suits you.

big al wrote:

well if you dont match prices on things that you buy you must have to much money its only a phone call..and both places are the same distance away..each to his own

Yep im guessing the sales guy at Springfield could tell by your atitude that price matching would be stupid as he didnt want you as a customer.

It is easier to walk away from some sales when you know the customer is just gunna be a problem in the futrure.

And way to go ruining a thankyou to some that did the right thing by a AFO Member.

dont know about b select springfield but i hardly price match in my store,as a retailer if you sit there having price wars with each other no one makes any coin, plus one poor bastard spent to the time on the phone to sort out what tyre you needed for your budget and requirements and gave you a good price so someone that has done nothing can quote a cheaper price and get the deal its crap. i got no worries haggleing with someone in store but cherry pickers on a phone line i have no time for them .

WOW who thought the global financial crisis is still here.

Thanks Richard, All AFO members make your self known when you ring and ask for Dayle and we will do our best to make you happy and give you the best service we can.

As we all know the customer is always right. And we all know you can't please everyone all the time (this much is clear)

big al wrote:

its not about the retailer making any coin its the customer getting the best deal for the same product..i hope you make plenty of coin in what you sell..cheers

Just like end consumers, not all retailers pay the same amount for the products that they purchase to then on sell. The cheaper tyres might have been purchased as a 'run out' deal, could have been discounted because of a larger order, so on and so on..... Retailers dont have to price match and no one is in the buisess of selling for a loss just to keep the customer happy.

Big Al - Just think of it as you got the best deal you could on the day, less the cost of the phone calls, and less any damage you have caused on here.

Flexo - Are you close enough to walk to Orion? I need my Navara serviced and 4 new shoes on her too....

bootyinblue wrote:

Flexo - Are you close enough to walk to Orion? I need my Navara serviced and 4 new shoes on her too....

A bit to far to walk but I can drop you off and pick you up if you want. Flick me a pm on what service you require and what size tyres and I'll give you a quote.

Thanks Dayle

flexo wrote:

bootyinblue wrote:

A bit to far to walk but I can drop you off and pick you up if you want. Flick me a pm on what service you require and what size tyres and I'll give you a quote.

Thanks Dayle

Now thats service! :ta:

• 4 weeks later...

I took the Navara to B-Select Springfield today for it's 30k service and to get a suspension issue checked out.

I must say it is unusual to be called nasty names upon arrival at your place of choice :ohmy: but then it was explained they thought I was kriso - so all good. :laugh: :laugh:

The car made it home so I'm assuming the service worked as it should, and with a considerable saving over my usual dealer service centre, I was very happy.

The suspension issue is a manufacturer issue, so I'll be heading back to the Nissan dealer to do battle armed with an excellent explanation of exactly what is wrong. To a mechanical whiz like myself (not :blush: ) this is a great help ! Dayle has also said for the Nissan dealer to ring him should I forget the suspension/steering lesson.

Very comforting to deal with someone you can trust and see working on the car, unlike the last mob who charged me 2hrs labour for the 20 minutes they had my car out of the carpark.

So good onya Dayle.

Enough said - Dayle's pocket is starting to overflow. :laugh:

PS I knew Dayle as an excellent service provider about 5 years ago at a different mechanical shop before he moved on. When kriso brought him to AFO last year I was well pleased to rekindle the acquaintance. Small world.

Oops sorry - the floor's wet :pinch:

Archived