Noosa: Just like real fish, only smaller

tacklebox

Went up to Noosa for the weekend to reward Kreel for 5 whole days of work. :laugh: Well not really. We hadn't been there since we got the yaks so we felt a trip was in order. On Saturday we launched from the Tewantin ferry and made our way up to lake Cooroibah—our usual catfish spot. Fishing was pretty slow with only a few undersized flatties and MTs (mini trevally) between us. After almost 4 hours we were just about to call it a day when I got a nice hit and up came a little jewie! :woohoo: I've been wanting one of these since Kreel caught one earlier this year so I was/am stoked. Kreel got his second wind and we fished on, picking up more undersized flathead and one more MT for the day.

Yesterday we launched near the marina and again headed upstream. It was even slower than Saturday and quite unpleasant with the wind blowing us around plus many boats roaring up and down the river. Caught more undersized flatties and one little breambo which hooked itself while I was drifting along with lure in water reorganising myself after a fish. :blush:

BP1000470.jpg

cheers guys

tomca: not sure what we're doing yet. why don't you start a new thread.

mal: i caught it casting the same little 3" plastic as in the other pics, just in slightly deeper water.

angus: it's been about 18 months for us. must admit it's not our favourite yakking spot with all the boats flying past.

k-a-f: i didn't have any luck on a 4" so had downsized. not a fan of fishing in marinas either. fussy aren't I? :P

Archived