Team PussKeenFiG vs Team KreeBox

kreel

The battle took place on Jackson's Creek, just up from Nudgee Beach on Saturday 4 September 2010. Meeting time 7:30 am at the Macca's just off the Motorway at Nudgee.

Team PussKeenFiG:

Pussca

Keen-as-Fisho

FishinRod

Grant H

Team KreeBox

TackleBox

Kreel

We catch the fight as Tacklebox does last minute checks to the equipment. In the background you see the 3 trucks team PKFG used to bring their "secret" equipment, in front of that we brought the car.

[br] P1000476.jpg

With all 6 boats on the water it was a lovely sight - I only wish someone took a photo, none-the-less the fight was on and the fishing was fast and furious (read - "we quietly drifted up river trolling and casting in the vain attempt to catch what proved to be very elusive fish").

Still it was pretty on the water.

[br] P1000175-20100905.jpg

We were on the water for some 30-40 minutes before tBox took first blood for team KreeBox. As it turned out it was fish of the day, a 54.5cm Flattie. Pussca was there to congratulate the happy angler.

Team PKFG were quick to point out - for the lack of a pair of fish grippers they would have a 60 cm Flattie on the board by now - we were quick to point out the comp rules cleanly state... "If its not on the dinner plate it didn't happen".

[br] P1000479.jpg

Not wanting to be left out Pussca pulls this monster on board. No time for a measure for this fisho-on-a mission, Pussca tells me it was legal and who am I to doubt him so its a 25cm Bream for Puss! We were all quick to join him in his celebrations, you can just make out the thumbs-up.

[br] P1000180.jpg

OK, I have to admit I was a little worried about a Krispy Kream morning having not even a small nibble all morning. I was gas-bagging too much with our new fishin' buddy FishinRod. Rod and I were having a quiet chat and a gentlemanly cast or 2 at the mouth of a small creek inlet when I made the decision to head to the other side to see if there was a fish in the deeper water. Cast 1 nothing, cast 2 a respectable 50 cm Flattie and I could breath a little easier.

[br] P1000185-20100905.jpg

We all managed a few Pike, Toadies and various twigs and rocks for the morning, but our sympathy goes out to GrantH in his new ride, he had quite the morning having caught and dropped 2 good sized Flatties - he can obviously catch the fish its the keeping in the boat that was the problem. He even had trouble with his rods trying to jump ship - I watched with my heart in my mouth as Grant's spare rod took a swim he move as quickly as I've seen anyone to rescue his rod before it sank from view. Two words to the wise - rod leash.

In the end, while everyone had a good morning out tBox and I were the only ones to bring a feed home.

[br] P1000186-20100905.jpg

Very enjoyable day out, despite the lack of fish. I tried blades, sp's and hb, with the 2inch gulp shrimps being the winner. I managed a small whiting first up to dodge the donut. I tried for flatties and had three solid bites but could not connect :angry: So I did what works for me and fished the moored boats and on the second cast managed a legal bream of 25 to the fork :)

Apart from that it was a very steady day. Grants new yak is great, moves along nicely and has mojo, all you need is a landing net Grant.

IMG_0253.jpg

Tomca has the rest of the piccies.

All in all a nice day on the water, fairly sheltered out of the wind. Nice to meet you Rod, and be sure to join us again the next time. Grant has had a few strokes of luck on his maiden yak outing, sadly mostly bad luck, but I think we have have lured another to the dark side and is a welcome addition to the tupperware navy.

I had to pull the pin midday, as work in Beaudesert had to be done that afternoon.

Kreel may have claimed victory but no matter what I am the real winner :P

tomca wrote:

And this photo proves how dumb (and easy to catch) flatties really are

IMGP1014.jpg

tomca also wrote:

I worked the edges looking for lizards in ambush mode, but after a while of missed strikes, ended up trying the deeper water.

If they're so "Dumb and easy to catch" where's yours?

We win. But don't think of it as a competition... we're just... better anglers than you! :ohmy: :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh:

Actually its Grant I'm worried about, we'll have to put a hole in any landing net he gets - that's a sweet ride Grant.

Ted: Pussca has that name because she's such a sweet and retiring old lady, and because she's more of a Pussca(t) than a Tomca(t).

Archived