HONDA 4 STROKE OR YAMAHA 4 STROKE ?? 60 HP

triple 888

Hi im looking at buying a new out board for my boat got 2 in mind that i like just wondering on ur opinions if any has had experience with these particular models the honda 4 stroke or yamaha 4 stroke looking at a 60 hp thanks for ur opinions , yes i ve looked at other brands but i m down to these 2 models

From what I have observed they are both good reliable motors.

A lot of the earlier hondas only used steel bolts in the motor heads and untinned wire in the wireing looms. I do not know if that has been resolved I think it will boil down to who can give you reasonably priced and reliable serviceing.I would lean towards one of the long established dealerships.

Cheers

Ray

Can I throw a third option in the ring and say Suzuki?

We looked at the same decision a while ago and after asking around commercial operators came up with Suzuki. Its powering a 4.9m C/console with a Suzuki 50hp and hums like a bird.

Was a great price to when up against the 60hp others.... and I can recommend a dealer/fitter for you if you want.

i own a honda and have spent time in boats with suzuki and yamaha 4's and i couldnt really say outright that one is better than the others. my honda is very good, fuel economy and power especially (mines a little louder than the yammy or suzi) and starts very quickly every time, even after sitting idle for a month or more

only problem ive ever had with it was a bad oil mix by the wonderful honda mechs i used to go to which made it run rough, but I got garry dietrich around to service it up and its smooth as now

Archived