Bream Social ver 3.0! - Brisbane River

51MPL

It's me again ;) With the help of Scope & Crazywalrus (Jono & Ted) we wish to bring to you the third installment of the bream social! The humble Brisbane River will be the location for the event and the date; mid/late October as Brisbane River Classic pre-fish =]

When: mid/late october - exact date tba ; what kind of tide would people like to fish for the day?

Where: Brisbane River! - Limits? River + Mouth - allow the bay islands?

Why: Get out and have fun!

Who: YOU!

A couple things to think about:

What date would you like to fish?

Tide ?

Location limits? - allow bay islands or not?

Bait? - create 2 categories ; bait fishos + lure and see who wins? We can keep this as a running debate on bait v lure haha

Thanks guys, hopefully a big turnout should be fun!

I will be in the lure category however there are quite a few bait stallwarts in AFO that are being excluded with the current format. It is a social so what does it matter. Maybe if we continually get the biggest fish we will win them over to the dark side. :P

I for one am looking forward to this one.

I think limits should be the River and Tributaries only.

River only. But the front rock wall is always fun.

Last weekend of October looks ok at the moment.

Have a wedding to go to on the 3rd sat of the month though.

Angus

P.S. Youll never be able to cater for everyone regretfully mate. I reckon its better to just set a date and hope for the best :)

i reckon bait class would be okay, it would get some more numbers in, as for boundaries n obay islands but maybe include the front wall? say no more then 50m out from the mouth.

last 2 weekends suit me okay too but i will only make it if its a sunday as im working sat morns now :(

Though you are organising the social mate so just set what date , place , time you feel like.

51MPL wrote:

It's me again ;) With the help of Scope & Crazywalrus (Jono & Ted) we wish to bring to you the third installment of the bream social! The humble Brisbane River will be the location for the event and the date; mid/late October as Brisbane River Classic pre-fish =]

Where is jono havnt heard from him in a while ?

just a suggestion 51MPL i know you cant please everyone, dont think it would affect things if you included mud island and the rockwall at the mouth, gives people more options instead of fishing spots in the river already worked over by other anglers, the river could get very crowded as being a weekend and also if you get a large number of entrants, people could struggle to find good spots. if people want to stay in the river then they can otherwise head out to mud. please consider this option.

i think include bait ,that gives us not so good lure fisho's something to do.

i'm not so good with lures ,so if i can't get a decky that a lure fisherman to help me /guide me .

i lose interest in lure fishing pretty quick most of the time .

i reckon the river and the front wall is fine for the area to fish ,i see no reason to include the bay .

as for the upper boarder ,u probably don't need 1.

but collages or the old weir would be upper border if u need 1 .

really i can see many people driving to colsmlie to start then drive a hr up the river to fish .

from colsmlie i could not see my self going any further than new farm or the front wall of fisherman's island .

so keep it simple and have fun its a social after all :).

i challenge all the lure fishos with me using bait. dont be scared of me out doing you :laugh: :P brisbane river boundaries, rock wall to the corner on the southern bank and poo shute northern bank. high tide best for the chance at the bigger bream, well in the spots i know any ways :P but if you guys want to stick to lures then there shouldnt be gulps, or scents used to imitate bait :laugh: :laugh: jj

sounds like a fun day and if its social then bait and lures can be used. that way it comes down to the luck as well as skill, not just skills in luring that alot have not mastered yet ;)

ellicat wrote:

Not firm yet, but I think the last Sunday of October has been mentioned (31st).

Of course this is also Halloween and my Anniversary (no coincidence :whistle: :laugh: )

what can work two ways. put a bunch of flower in the boat and things and be good :woohoo: or you may never have to worry about your Anniversary again :(

wesfish wrote:

i challenge all the lure fishos with me using bait. dont be scared of me out doing you :laugh: :P brisbane river boundaries, rock wall to the corner on the southern bank and poo shute northern bank. high tide best for the chance at the bigger bream, well in the spots i know any ways :P but if you guys want to stick to lures then there shouldnt be gulps, or scents used to imitate bait :laugh: :laugh: jj

sounds like a fun day and if its social then bait and lures can be used. that way it comes down to the luck as well as skill, not just skills in luring that alot have not mastered yet ;)

will have to agree with Wes on that. bait is gun on bream in the brissie.

51MPL wrote:

What would be the pros/cons of allowing access to the bay islands? It's a social comp after all and i have no dramas with that?

From watching AFC i saw a lot of them hit the islands for monster breamm

offers more fishing ground, plus different styles of fishing eg...flats,deep,etc..

I would be keen to have a go at the bait for this one.

haven't done a social yet cause of all the lures!.... nothing against them, I just mainly fish with bait.

I would be land based and probably wouldn't stray too far from Colmslie ;)

Looking forward to hearing some more concrete details.

Cheers!

jusitn

Archived