Watersnake problem

Scope

G'day all , just after a piece of advice regarding my JW watersnake. I've had my snake for a few months now and lately I've noticed a problem. When I have the pedal accelerating (either with the pulse button, or the switch on) it seems to lose all power to the steering. Sometimes it will turn very slowly, sometimes not at all. It makes no difference what speed the accelerator is set on. As soon as I take stop accelerating the left right turning returns to full speed.

The battery I have isn't very old. Its a deep cycle, (105amp) and when it was first purchased did the job perfectly. However, it wasn't the most expensive battery. There is no indication from the charger that the battery is in any worse condition than when I bought it - i.e it still charges the same and gives the same readings

Still though - I'm wondering if it could be the problem?

Any advice would be much appreciated...

Cheers Jono

P.s - watersnake is still under warranty, I'd just like to know if its anything simple before I drive an hour to get it replaced.

The main thing to check is that all your connections are 100% tight and clean as this is a major cause of power loss to the unit.

It also could be the relay in the head unit as there have been alot of issues with them.

The relay controls both the turning motor and the propeller motor.

Hope this helps.

The relays cost around the $40 dollar mark.

Cheers

Scope wrote:

Cheers for the welcome Ted - I've had a few internet issues, coupled with a crazy amount of work :silly:

That'd be great if I could grab a battery one day, just to eliminate that variable.

How's the fishing been anyway?

Cheers Jono

Fishing has been all over the place. Had some good trips and some slow ones. will have to hit up dunwich again or something else

Archived