pb jew brissy river! and pink.

wesfish

after yesterdays efforts with mark i was keen to hit the mouth of the river to see what the humble pilchard could pull from the river, i started the day near the dredger flicking a new yo zuri vibe and managed about 30 tailor from 30cm-45cm and a lil flatty,my camera was not working properly as the screen is shattered , so no pics of tailor.

i moved to the docks and started with the pillies, i managed some monster hub caps, big catties and shovelies. i was a bit annoyed at the camera so i started banging it and pressing buttons and ching it came to life :woohoo: i stuck it out in the one spot and put up with the vermin :dry: then my old mojo baitrunner started buzzing, after a strong but short battle i had a nice jew boat side, quickly netted and to my surprise i had my first brissy legal jew 75cm :woohoo: :woohoo: i continued fishing and not long after the bloody lil symetre 1000 screams its head off zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz z z z z zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and after some very close to the pylon runs and a very sore wrist 3 mins later i had a great brissy snap in the boat, 61cm on a symetre 1000 was a hell of alot of fun all though 10lb is a bit much for the reel as it twisted up and i thought it would break the reel :laugh: :laugh: great fun!! i eneded up with a few 37cm and smaller snaps that all got there freedom as i had 2 great fish sitting on the deck!! so once again the bevans pilchards do it again! ;)106_0010_800x600.jpg

post-4300-144598533255_thumb.jpg

ellicat wrote:

Greedy bugger ! Ya can't have two great trips in one week :P :laugh:

...then again, you are on holidays I s'pose B)

hahaha :laugh: best holiday ever! and bass today with mick, would class it a trifecta if i manage a 50cm bass today, and land the toga that has harrassed me on 4 occasions ;) :laugh:

bloody great work mate! i was out tonite flicking some vibes near the cbd. hooked up - zzzzzzzzzzzzzz slowly & constantly taking line out then it stops.. i walk along the path to catch up - nothing. It sits there for a while b4 it screams to life zzzz ping ? any suggestions?

later on hooked up just after the cast - waited few secs pulled bail arm over first jig and im on.. quick fight b4 the line suddenly stops dead in its tracks with no signs on headshakes or anything? got my lure back but still very weird. sucks to leave on a donut though, at least your having an awsome run!\

keep it up champ

cheers guys1

51mpl-probally a ray, but chance a cod or jack if in a rocky area ;)

webfunk-size 5 sinkers

hooked-on-trout, never ever use gangs in the river, snelled 6/0 circles for the jew and single 5/0 circle for the snap as the lil rod i only put half pillies.

tugger- :laugh: couldnt resist buying a box of pillies on the way out, was meant to be a lure only day, but i could hear the pillies calling my name!!

Great fish Wes - not bad for the humble Brissie River on the humble old pilchard!! Very jealous as I put my motor in for a service on Monday and waiting to get it back. I'm a school teacher on holiday so itching to get amongst them. Couple of quick questions about fishing the docks - I've only done it once back in May. Do you bother burleying (at all or just on the slacker water?) and do you bother using the sounder to pick a spot or just pull up wherever? My bro is bringing down a spare battery for me next month so waiting til then to rig up the sounder.

Sorry for all the questions - great catches once again!! Oh and by the way those snell rigs are awesome. Was first shown them by a guy at BCF when we me and some mates called in to get some gear on the way to Teewah Beach to chase tailor - certainly better than using ganged hooks. I haven't tried them with circle hooks yet - is the theory that they produce better hook up rates?

No more questions I promise!

Cheers,

Kelvin.

kmcrosby78 wrote:

Great fish Wes - not bad for the humble Brissie River on the humble old pilchard!! Very jealous as I put my motor in for a service on Monday and waiting to get it back. I'm a school teacher on holiday so itching to get amongst them. Couple of quick questions about fishing the docks - I've only done it once back in May. Do you bother burleying (at all or just on the slacker water?) and do you bother using the sounder to pick a spot or just pull up wherever? My bro is bringing down a spare battery for me next month so waiting til then to rig up the sounder.

Sorry for all the questions - great catches once again!! Oh and by the way those snell rigs are awesome. Was first shown them by a guy at BCF when we me and some mates called in to get some gear on the way to Teewah Beach to chase tailor - certainly better than using ganged hooks. I haven't tried them with circle hooks yet - is the theory that they produce better hook up rates?

Cheers,

Kelvin.

cheers mate

yeah like all bait situations a lil burley often, usually chop a pilly up every 15 mins or so and scatter it around general area or up stream of current, best at slack where it drops more straight down. the circles on a snell i only started this week, to be honest i miss a fair few fish with circles, but will keep using them for now, when live baiting i just use one circle and it seems to work fine. oh and with the burley aruond the mouth expect the vermin to come on , big rays, big catties and shovelies galore ;) still catching them beats not catching any thing at all waiting for the jewels of the river.

wesfish wrote:

kmcrosby78 wrote:

Cheers,

Kelvin.

cheers mate

yeah like all bait situations a lil burley often, usually chop a pilly up every 15 mins or so and scatter it around general area or up stream of current, best at slack where it drops more straight down. the circles on a snell i only started this week, to be honest i miss a fair few fish with circles, but will keep using them for now, when live baiting i just use one circle and it seems to work fine. oh and with the burley aruond the mouth expect the vermin to come on , big rays, big catties and shovelies galore ;) still catching them beats not catching any thing at all waiting for the jewels of the river.

usually dont use sounder just random vacant docks at the time ;)

Archived