Fishing for Bream

Gerty_92

going for a fish tomorrow but dont know where. so far this week i havnt had much luck getting any decent sized fish on soft plastics or hard bodies. just been fishing old spots around the river where i used to get some nice bream in the past.

If someone would please be able to tell me some nice land based spots in the Brisbane area where i can have a flick and catch some nice fish. willing to go to sunshine coast or gold coasts, distance doesn't bother me i just want to start catching some fish again!

thanks everyone, Gerty

I'd suggest any of the creek mouths, or the hard structure throughout the river.

I've had some success at Wellington point after getting a burley trail going and dead sticking gulp grubs, and i've also caught some good quality fish from Coombahba (or however ya spell it :laugh: ) creek down near hope island near the pylons. Fast water there but, you need a fair bit of weight to get to the fish and the ebb tides just don't produce. :blink:

matey at this time of year,I`d start looking for spots a little further up the rivers and creeks then you would normally fish during during the bream season,the better fish would be heading that way to fatten up again.

Still some quality ones to be got from the beaches at night :)

Archived