Kingies, Aj, Big Eyes, Tailor and a Cod landbased

PlasticFantastic

After hearing the Trevs were on down the Tweed I was keen to get amongst it and see what I could catch, so Saturday arvo I called my mate Gordo and headed to the Tweed for a flick. Tried a few spots in the river first up to no avail so headed to the rock wall to see what was around. Got there to only be greeted with a stiff northerly but just upped the jig head weight and all was good. After the first cast it was apparent there was a few Big Eyes and Tailor around ended up with a few of each but no photos.

Went back this morning to try our luck again on the Trevs and get a spot early before the masses rocked up. Went fairly well with a small AJ two Kingies one really small the other about two kilos but snapped the line trying to lift it and a bonus of a cod going 4.5kg on the lip grippers. All fish were caught on plastics and the cod on my Daiwa Interline 3-6kg, th rod has it's quirks like with leader knots but the thing is awesome to use and the power in it is amazing there's no way I should've landed a 4.5kg cod on that gear off the rocks with a swell rolling in. All in all a good couple of days fishing.

PlasticFantastic Cod_tweed.jpg

Archived