Wello Sunrise

tomca

IMGP1058.jpg

Hit Wellington Point this morning with GrantH with dreams of catching a feed.

I was off the donut fairly quickly with the first of at least a dozen of these taken on the troll with my trusty Berkley Frenzy

IMGP1061.jpg

Out through the leads we turned left and casting a blade I acquired from the swap meet I connected to a few fish and dropped a good one that took a fair bit of line. After catching quite a few undersize fish, something more substantial turned the yak and was surprised to find this little guy this early in the season.

IMGP1064.jpg

Down at Huybers Beacon some of the fish were close to legal but no matter what I tried and where I went, the nursery followed

IMGP1068.jpg

Grant didn't fare any better, this being one of his bigger fish

IMGP1067.jpg

Plenty of interest in any plastic, and blade I threw at them, just couldn't find a big fish amongst them. Tried the shallows and found plenty of pike, tried the deeper water and found small squire. I did land a sweetlip that went legal if measured Kreel style, but released it anyway.

IMGP1071.jpg

And also caught a cod, just under legal on the way back south that bricked me for a while.

By 9am the boats were coming thick and fast and the fish became few and far between. Not a great day fish-wise, but not often do I get out in this sort of kayaking weather

IMGP1066.jpg

Looks like a nice day on the water mate but if you don't keep up your end of this hunting and gathering thing you may be kept at home with the little fella and let nickers out to provide the feed. :P:P :laugh: :laugh: .good to see grant getting the hang of fishing out of the yak.

some new blades from Rob arrived in the mail yesterday, and they look the goods for around there. Lost a blade, and dropped a couple of really good fish there. Need to expect it while running 6lb in 4m of water.

Mark, those teeth left a nice impression on the bow of the yak when he made a break for it as I tried to get the grippers on him

Archived