Dead Weight Anchor

Bait Waster

Hi All,

I've got a 3.5m Allycraft & I'm not game to take on the Minister for War & Finance by lobbing home with an electric outboard (coward). I'm thinking about making a small dead weight anchor out of concrete or lead that can keep me stationary to cast around bank & structure. I can then easily lift & drop again when I drift down a bit. Also if I drift I can then just drop it out if I get onto something. Any suggestions what sort of kgs to try?

Also if anybody has a bit of cheap lead around can you let me know as I think I could make it smaller with lead but I understand it's a fairly expensive commodity nowdays.

It would really come down to how hard the tides run in the areas you're targeting I guess, but have a look online. There are pre-made anchors so to speak like what you want to make, take a look at hpw heavy they are and it might give you a starting point?

Also, I have a small sand anchor+rope for sale should you change your mind.:laugh:

Felix

I have just what you are after one is 8kg and the other 12kg I used to use them till I done my back in. They are at Brackenridge if you or anybody is interested small one $15 and the bigger one $20. As you can see from the shape they dig into the bottom a bit to hold you there, just need a young back to pull them up, I did it till I was 55 :laugh:

Dino

post-1453-144598534713_thumb.jpg

Archived