Berkley Flurocarbon

Mr FeLiX

Hey guys,

Just spooled my 2506 Caldia with 4 Pnd Berkley (Vanish) Flurocarbon. 1st impressions, I'm amazed at how much of this lighter stuff I can fit onto the 2506 spool. There's close to 150-175 metres on there

Second, I was also suprised at the fact that after leaving the fluro on the spool overnight, and running it through the guides later the next morning, very little memory.

Next test - Abrasion resistance :evil:

If anyone has any opinions from experience about this stuff, let us know.

Felix

Spooled my Caldia 2000 with 4lb fins, got about the same amount on the reel, full fins spool. Have you had a play with the Caldia yet? I reckon they are very good, nice smooth drag. I took mine last week at wello for a test and second cast got a 37cm squire, was a good test, very nice reel.

As for the vanish I use the 4lb as a leader on my light (2lb) bream rod and find it very good.

Spooled my Caldia 2000 with 4lb fins, got about the same amount on the reel, full fins spool. Have you had a play with the Caldia yet? I reckon they are very good, nice smooth drag. I took mine last week at wello for a test and second cast got a 37cm squire, was a good test, very nice reel.

As for the vanish I use the 4lb as a leader on my light (2lb) bream rod and find it very good.

Yeah, I've had my Caldia for about a month or so now and I find it's a great reel. Haven't had a chance to really test it yet, but I've hooked a few XOS pike at wello that have taken drag, and it seems great. I re-greased when I got the reel though, I tend to go over my drag system very thouroughly when I purchase a new reel

"lb" is the abbreviation for pound. (i.e. lower case LB)

I used to use LBs, then a few people had problems understanding. :lol: All good, I'll use LBs again from now on Ellicat, my bad

:laugh: They ought to know; it's printed on every spool of line :lol:

Don't mind me though, I used to correct my girlfriend's love letters in red pen and send them back to her :ohmy: :lol: and she still married me ! haha No chance today with texting and other modern forms of communication.:whistle:

I used to use LBs, then a few people had problems understanding. :lol: All good, I'll use LBs again from now on Ellicat, my bad

Don't mind me though, I used to correct my girlfriend's love letters in red pen and send them back to her :ohmy: :lol: and she still married me ! haha No chance today with texting and other modern forms of communication.:whistle:

hehe so many fun folks on here that have never used the imperial system. Weird why we still use it for line strength.

hehe so many fun folks on here that have never used the imperial system. Weird why we still use it for line strength.

I think the main reason why lbs has persisted in lines is the yanks. They are the biggest consumer of fishing tackle in the world and they categorically refuse to move into the 21st century and go metric. Note the berkley jigheads are sold in 1/16 and 1/32 oz. and the culture is creeping into our fishing jargon despite the efforts of Starlo and Bushy to promote jigs in metric weights ( which makes far better sense).

Archived