Bris River Last Night

blairv

Headed out with hunter to the river mouth from Colmslie last night to see what was around.

It was an interesting trip out there with a full on 3ft pressure swell just past the gateway and some massive currents running.

Sort of made us think that the fishing would not be too good. Hunter valiantly tried to get some livies which cost him a castnet on the snags - the current was just way too mental to even consider it after a couple of tries. :ohmy:

So over the the port and onto the reserve pillies (gotta love em). Pretty slow for a while and then a little Snap going 32 or so makes us think there is a bit more around. Boy the current was raging something cronic - faster that you could run flat out !!

A couple of small snaps to keep occupied over the next hour and then a solid hit and hook up (at last). After a great fight in the current for 5 minutes or so up comes a 55 cm Snapper (happy days!!!) ;) Biggest I have seen in the river for a while.

Old mate from the port told us there were some ships due in so we moved of and fished a little more but only a couple of small snapper and some catties. Still gotta be happy with a 55cm in these conditions. :lol:

A slow trip back with all the debris around but back safely. I think we beatthe worst of the fresh and stuff washing down the river and got a good fish too.

Hunter if you are reading can you stick up the photo please mate?

great report mate. Bit risky fishin in those dangerous conditions though. Driving along river express and coro drive, the sight of the river was extremely dirty with alot of debris... even noticed a massive log floating down stream. Imagine hittin into that at night..

Nevertheless, well done mate. Take care.

Cheers

ty

Taib

There was a bit around but not a bad as I would have imagined. I think we were there before the main spill from the Dam hits.

I was walking to a meeting along the river yesterday to have alook at it - alot of crap in there - I am sure it was a portaloo I saw :S and one of those orange road barrier things as well as lots of wood

Wonder where it all ends up finally?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived