stradic vs saragosa

mattza13

hey guys,

am after a few opinions on both reels, i have narrowed down my reel choice to these two, but am no stuck. Am looking in the 4000 to 5000 size and planning on running around 20lb, 15lb or 30lb PE braid, and plan on soft platics outside, slugs for lontail, lures for mackeral, and a bit of light bottom bashing adn whatnot, and also be a good combo to go up to monduran next year wiht a few mates. Am just stuck on which rod to choose, getting mixed opinions on both (but only by tackle stores) so wanting to know if anyone has had experience with them.

Will be matching it either to a GLoomis Pro Blue 7ft 6' 6-12kg stick or a t-curve revoloution in the same sort of range.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers matt

the saragosa 4000f is a great reel, i own one with 20lb braid. if any thing a lil small on the spool size, the 5000 is much bigger and has the big power handle with a fair bit more line capacity. the 4000f is a bit to solid for my raider light snapper so i dont get to put it to its full potential with 20lb braid. so might be a great option on the right rated rod, i can use the 4000f all day long compared to my 8000f saragosa ;) in 100 mtrs of water catching snapper, on soft plastics and lucanus jigs.

i believe the saragosa is developed more towards heavier applications, like jigging.

the stradic is the best value for money reel out there that i have found, own two and would get more if i needed/could afford to buy even more gear. you could probably get away with a 4000 size, but the extra spool capacity of the 5000 could come in handy.

the saragosa 8000 has dartanium drag and weighs the same as a 5000 (so shimano says), might be worth checking out....

cheers for the opinions so far. i guess i was leaning towards the saragosa due to we just got a 20ft boat on the water and plan on doin some more heavier stuff, and i already have a 50lb and 80lb set up for the reefs, just nothing to jig, lure, spin, small baits etc.

i am under the influence that the saragosa will cope more of a beating and can handle itself a bit better than the stradic, but having never used either was hoping that some has both.

I was having the same dilema as you about a month ago,

couldn't decide between the saragosa 8000f or the saltist.

so while i was in the states a few weeks ago i bought the saragosa and i've just put it my 7-12kg okuma trinus.

It feels really nice, not too heavy (but i've only held in the lounge room, not out on the boat all day yet), i'm waiting on the wife to bring the line i bough for it back from the states to test it out.

it weighs about 570-580 grams and balances on the rod nicely. if you can wait a few more weeks, i'll let you know how it fishes unless i unspool the 30lb off one of my other reels to put on the 'gosa for tomorrows fish at cowan cowan.

Archived