PB snapper for daveylad

tugger

Hit offshore today with daveylad and Shane/dragons7 with an early start we got over the bar with hardly a bump the whole way and jigged for some livies at shag rock. We anchored up in the usual spot for me and got straight into them with a few good snapper over 50cm but the mutton birds gave us hell. This made it hard to floatline with light weights then the livie got a hit and i found it had been snipped off.

We went back to shag rock after using the live pike for strip bait in the end after the pillies ran out and managed a yakka so we hit up the same spot again. Dave was on straight away with his flesh bait and landed his best snapper to date of 53cm which got him on the board also for fish in the box. Dave also got a nice moses perch for the box then the kingies turned up hitting one of shanes baits which he landed but alas only 55cm long.

The yakka got hit a short time later as well as shanes rod at the same time and with the style of fight we called them big kingies. Shanes got reefed quickly but the big rod held for a few minutes but the hooks pulled which disapointed us both.

In the end we managed 8 snapper and 1 moses perch, 3 of the snaps over 50cm and the rest just on and over 40cm. Half a dozen whales jumped around nearby for the day and we sore a big snapper landed by another boat as we were leaving around 12pm it would have easily gone 70cm.

post-4390-144598542574_thumb.jpg

post-4390-144598542583_thumb.jpg

post-7571-144598542595_thumb.jpg

Wobbegong

post-7571-144598542592_thumb.jpg

post-7571-144598542587_thumb.jpg

Another good day at the Rock, it was a really slow start for me just drowning bait then I started to pull in what I thought was the snapper of the year, when we got some colour we thought it was a huge Cod but it turned out to be a Wobbegong he was a good size and Tugger managed to get the hook out okay for realease, later pulled in the good snapper and then the Moses, like Tugger says if it wasnt for the BIrds we would have done better hopefully they'll be gone before the macs come along. Thanks again Mark for another great day out and passing on your knowledge.

Archived