Team stradiebrad plus team tugger

tugger

Headed offshore sunday with a few mates and met brad with his crew at the bar as he was staying on stradie, the bar was a lumpy with the outgoing tide but light winds made an easy run to our spot. we jigged up some livies and anchored for the morning and got into some nice snapper with a couple just over 50cm but then the birds turned up around 8am which made impossible to fish with light sinkers.

Brad got a nice kingie but i couldn't lose a live bait at all we were anchored close to each other so we could see each fish either boat got. brad moved to another reef when the birds got out of control and we ended up doing drifts with no luck so we moved to middle reef just as brad packed in from there and headed back to the ramp.

I got a nice snapper on the first drop at middle reef then another couple before i hooked what i thought to be a big snap, only to see a big bonito come up. We packed it in after getting 6 snaps for the morning and joined brad for a cold beer on the beach at amity just after we got back over the bar. A few chats about the morning before we pointed the boat towards home so both boats managed to srape together a feed and i left brad to tuff it out on stradie

Its a hard life :woohoo:

nice one lads

good to see the afo boats get a good feed again we listen to the radio chan 94 on sat not many boats landed fish. was bloody tuff goin on the fishing front I thought .really had to work for them we did southern shallow tempest northern end of deep tempest drifting down to the northern 29s just to get a few fish in the box was goin to pop down to the rock for a look at the conditions i cant believe there was no current run down the south of moreton the northern end was absolutly roaring from the NE and 2mtr SE swell n chop was a bit ordinary pretty sure thats why the northern end had shut down and down the south the fish were just starting to go off the chew

fantastic day out but thought you might end up goin back for an ale on the beach.

hey how was my radio coming accross loud n clear I forgot to ask. had a few probs with it doping out without me knowing while i still was talkin through the mic when at wave break. island

I mucked around a bit with the mic cable hopefully i fixed it. you and brad came accross clear and loud as, and we were up top in spitfire channel when you guy's left home through the bar

mick

i could here you loud and clear mick but brad couldn't did you get any macks back inside, we only had just over the meter swell all day and at times we were hoping the current would run a little harder as the baits dropped straight under the boat it would stop and start and you never needed more than a no3 sinker

Archived