Inskip - New years?

Yoodles82

Hi All,

I'm sourcing some info about camping at inskip point - rainbow beach on new years (28 Dec- 3Jan).

Has anyone done this before?

I want to know if it is waaay to busy to enjoy yourself - even if you are in the party mood? There would be a group of us.

Any info would be great!

Thanks

Nat

yeh, like Katfish said packed, and wall to wall wankers in jacked up hiluxs flying up and down the beach. it has become to crowded these days and so has become dangerous to be on the beach. A couple of years ago the started to put a limit on the numbers at inskip so you may not even get a camping permit at this late stage

I used to go there every year for eight days over chritmas/ new years in my jacked up hilux cruising up and down the beach, doing the speed limit though :evil: , and as mentioned it gets way to busy. It got so busy that people where camping on the tracks. I haven't been back since they capped the camping numbers and since the rainbow beach tavern turned into a gay bar.

I haven't been back since they capped the camping numbers and since the rainbow beach tavern turned into a gay bar.

Huh? Really?

Damn...i haven't been to rainbow for a while...used to camp there all the time as a kid...but now i just drive through on the way to fraser.

Guess i'll have to come up with some new plans!

it get packed on public ,Easter ,xmass ,new years etc holidays .

i always head there on school holidays but before and after the public holidays not so bad then about 1/2 to 3/4 full .

made the mistake of once of going up at eater while the public holidays where on ,never again .

packed in like sardines in a tin ,wankers and idiots everywhere ,hoons and drunks ,copper's arresting them etc .

have been up the second week of easter/school holidays all good .

been up a week after newyears all good .

been up at other times over the year ,weekdays and weekends all good .

just got to stay away on the public and main holidays its chaos .

I've got a week there next week. Taking the boat and staying in a rental house - worth it not to have to put up with the crowd in the campground and more secure for all the gear. Hopefully the weather reports will improve - not looking forward to the bar if this swell that's forecasted stays up.

yeh, like Katfish said packed, and wall to wall wankers in jacked up hiluxs flying up and down the beach. it has become to crowded these days and so has become dangerous to be on the beach. A couple of years ago the started to put a limit on the numbers at inskip so you may not even get a camping permit at this late stage

i have a jacked up hilux too........rarley goes above 3000 rpm but anyway. its all those wankers in pajeros holdens fords bmw's merc's jeeps that are doing it. i think if the driver is a knob it wouldnt matter what car he's in.

Like snapsnap said - plenty of knobs up there on the long weekends. Maybe a bit too close to Gympie (no offence to people who live in Gympie and aren't bogans). Spen a Mayday long week-end there a couple of years ago and never again. Couldn't sleep for teenagers rampaging pissed through the campsites, couldn't relax on the beach for bogans doing donuts. Plenty of attention from the police who were having a ball catching drink drivers at 8am. Shame really cos it is a pretty place with great fishing at times.

I am lucky enough to be a shift worker so try and stay away from the place on weekends and holidays, but it is beautiful during the week, and i'm sure the fishing and chilling on the beach is just as good when it's busy, you just have to put up with camping on top of each other and trying to get to sleep over the noise.

A couple of years ago there was a brawl at new years, apparently people getting hit with shovels and stuff so they capped the numbers, and the police make frequent visits! whatever you do dont drink drive!

i have a jacked up hilux too........rarley goes above 3000 rpm but anyway. its all those wankers in pajeros holdens fords bmw's merc's jeeps that are doing it. i think if the driver is a knob it wouldnt matter what car he's in.

I am sorry boys and girls I at no time intended to offend all owners of jacked up slowluxs just the half wits that seem to think that driving as fast as possible along crowded beaches doing slides and doughnuts is going to impress, and it is not just wankers in luxs I have seen all the idiots up there in everything from cruisers to comadoors. I am not having a 4x4 bash either as I have owned a 4b of some kind since 1984 and have hung around all of our drivable beachs since then. What I have found in that 26 years is that people that camp in these areas have become very selfish and show no respect for others using these areas and yes they seem to be under 25 years old and think that there crap dont stink.

So once again I am sorry if you found my post regarding jacked up luxs offencive, maybe I should have said imuture halfwits flying up and down the beach.

Archived