Desperate for a threadfin!

Fishguts

I dont really do much live baiting work for the larger type fish but im tryin to figure it out at the moment coz i reeally am determined to catch a threadfin.I go through stages where i target a certain fish until i get it and from all the reports on here about threadys,its inspired me to make it my next target.Im not really a person who bothers keeping them,as long as i get a photo im ahappy and ive been tryin my ass off to get one and just not having any luck,if anyone can give a tip on how they are setting up for them and what to use bait wise and a decent spot (apart from berrky creek) i would be extremely thankful.

cheers :)

matt

Hi Matt,

mate this time last year, i was in the same shoe as you! After a bit of researching and a few tips, i landed my first thready not long after. Then i started to hook up a thready almost everytime i headed out. My first one was on a nice fresh king prawn from coles. 40lb line and 60lb leader, with a nice big circle hook. I find the threadies have a unique fighting action... very similar to a shark, but when they come close to the surface, the bolt from left to right to left... a zig zag pattern.

I eventually was recommended a specific lure from Kmart. Only $7! White shiny body, red head. Work extremely well near well lit jetties at night, where there are alot of baitfish. Heaps around newfarm. A mate of mine caught 6 in one night using the lure. Only 1 thready was kept.

matey i suggest you can type in the word thready in the search bar and you will find there are heaps of handy tips!

Hope to see a report of you soon

cheers

ty

Archived