Spot-x for saratoga

Fishguts

hey,went exploring today around the back of pine river shire today and came across a small dam looking thing behind some houses,was about 10m square and dirty as,fished it for a bit (was looking for eels) and came across heaps of saratoga,i counted 8 all up all around 30cm,they wanted abosutley nothing to do with bait whatsover so im gonna go back and try poppers or hardbody divers...i dnt really wanna give away the spot or some people might flog it out and sell them b4 i get a chance to at least catch one myself but has anyone else found this area?

I know of a few dams located at the back of housing estates but who knows if its the same one you are talking about. Did not know that any of them held toga though mate. Good find, completely understand you not wanting to share. I am guessing you are itching to get back down there, i hope you get a few they are an awesome fish.

I wonder how they got there though, unless someone has caught them and released them in there, or flood waters from the recent gate opening.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats awesome man!, shouldn't feel like a douche at all. Make sure to keep us posted though!

how do toga go on a rod? i had one for a pet for about a year, always though about dropping a hook in ;) just to see how it goes.

but yeah man thats cool as im gonna started checking out the damns around me properly now :lol:

Archived