Jumpinpin - what is biting?

kmcrosby78

Hey all,

Planning to head to Jumpinpin for only the second time - and first in over a year. Seem to recall the choppy water in between North and South Straddie can be OK for tailor - does anyone know if they are there at the moment? If they are around I'll set the alarm very early, otherwise will probably be a bit later and target flathead on the outgoing.

Any advice welcome. Will be a combination of plastics, yabbies and livies (if I can get some).

Cheers,

Kelvin.

I was there the weekend before last and there are still a few big Flathead in the deep water around the Pin bar. Water was still dirty on the runout and has started to heat up (up to 25 degrees). They seem to be hanging around later than usual - probably as the weather hasn't really warmed up yet?

Marty

• 2 weeks later...

Was out there last Wednesday, couple of nice lizards near the mud wall on tip of Crusoe Island on the run out tide on strips of mullet. Couple of nice bream up Tiger Mullet channel as well.

Also last Sunday at the same spot near Crusoe got snapped off by something very big and aggressive on a bit of squid. Boat beside us had a similar experience and he was using heavier gear and worked it for about 15 min but still broke him. Any ideas what might be running through there?

Croney

Was out there last Wednesday, couple of nice lizards near the mud wall on tip of Crusoe Island on the run out tide on strips of mullet. Couple of nice bream up Tiger Mullet channel as well.

Also last Sunday at the same spot near Crusoe got snapped off by something very big and aggressive on a bit of squid. Boat beside us had a similar experience and he was using heavier gear and worked it for about 15 min but still broke him. Any ideas what might be running through there?

Croney

Hey mate at an educated guess I would say bull shark,big jew fish or maybe a big jack.

cheers dassa

Archived