Not as good as some in the BRC

dassa

Well our BRC started a bit latter then planed saturday morning with me getting to HQ to find that hulk my decky chomping at the bit to get on the water.So after getting the boat ready to launch wife then ask's if I had grabed the camera with pause I say with all the class of a kick in the groin I screamed far away (to keep the mod 's happy I'm trying to cut down on swearing hahaha). So before launching I went to sign in then on the way back to the boat I was hit by a bolt of lightning when I came to the conclusion I had also left the sounder at home so the moring had go from bad to worse.But with a fantastic wife offering to go home out to redbank plains and back to help us out I could not knock that offer back (Thanks babe)

So after a slow start to the morning with little excitement to talk of we finaly got going with the lack of live bait to speak of we decided to drown some bait down along the pipe line where we ran into the crazyman and boy's with the boy's still out fishing dad.After a quick chat to ted and the boys we moved away to get into the fish and get the thready I am yet (and still yet to catch) down went our first baits and after about 5minutes my pilly has gone of like a frog in a sock and after about 30seconds i new it wasn't the thready we came for and up came a shovely of about 1 metre and just as quickly it went back.Not long after that I was on again with yet another shovley just under 70cm.Then things went quiet for the next hour or so then it was time for our first move for the weekend.

So we move to my go to spot on the wharf 's after the wife come back with the sounder and camera the bait's went down with good fish showing on the sounder but no joy they just weren't playing the game.So after another moved and change of plan and go get onto the bream.

We moved up along the rock wall just west of aqurium passage and out come the go to bream plastic the damiki amor shads so hope's were high to slay the bream with having caught bream in good numbers on them before.With the tide on the run out we got the electric motor out and moving west along the rocks we through our arms of and even droped some peeled prawns with hulk picking up our first target species of the day and both failing to make the mark (both in total failed to reach 25cm) so having enough of not much it was time try somthing different.

After heading back to HQ to get some live's and then go to get pizza and beer and set in for the night and set the livies out in the mouth of breaky crk.After setting up we joined by crazywalrus and boys, scope and grant and again fish all over the sounder hopes were high.Not long after we joined my a very strange looking thing behind the wheel of what we beleve was the force that belonged to elicat.Then along come noname (rob) came to join in and not long after that scope and us made the move up to the mouth of norman creek but with the only thing's caught between the two boats were scope with an eel me a cat fish of about 25cm after inhaling an 8cm mullet,scope called it a night and we moved back to breeky creek.With elicat and rob rafted up we joined them and with no joy buy 2 am it was then decided to call it a day with the tide pooring down with a back up of fresh water behind it we couldn't even get a bit from the mossies let alone any fish so we went and pulled out for the night and that is how it finished for our BRC both avoiding the donut but not a lot better hahahaha

A very big thankyou to angus and johnny for putting on another great event so see you all at the next event

Just a note : Dassa was kind enough to give his last 2 beers to two very tired, hungry, thirsty blokes on sat night. For that we will be forever grateful! Thanks a million mate, i reckon that saved our BRC.

Always a pleasure fishing with you, and a pleasure to meet the Hulk!

Jono

Good stuff to be Dassa's deckie once again. Can't complain that we didn't try everything we could to catch the fish.Top bloke and we will conquer a fishing day together yet Dassa,I'm sure of it.

It was good to meet some new faces that I've been reading about and catch up with those I haven't seen for some time. Unfortunately time hasn't allowed me to compete much this year but when I saw the opening for this comp, I was there.

Highlight for me was seeing Crazy's kids fishing so well and I also snagging a mullet on a big eye blade. Big thumbs up to all involved who made the comp the success it was.

Hulk

Archived