Saturday 12/5

Oceandonkey

Hi All,

Im looking at going out that day, starting anytime. Id love to tag along in my boat if anyone is interested in schooling a noob for a day :blush:

I dont know the capability of my boat (only been out in it twice) so some spots might not be suitable for me aka big seas its a 4.2m stessco catcher 30hp outboard.

I also only have 1 rod (well 2 but they are the same...kinda) shimano sonic series 3-5kg and 8lb line so that might restrict me as well.

oceandonkey based on recent reports on this site, it might be worth hitting the river anyway.

Fish the lower reaches (city to the mouth) around any rocky structures with live baits or lures/plastics. There have been loadsof bream and squire being caught with the winter coming on.

There are also still some toothies and threaddies around based on last weeks reports all the way up kookaburra.

Put it this way, at the very very least you can have some fun with big catties and rays. bt id be confident you can get onto something better. Good practice for your boat as well.

Good luck mate.

look forward to your report win or loose.

Angus

I've only caught sharks, rays and bream in the logan, that was land based before I had the boat.

In the coomera I have caught or witnessed jacks, bream, flathead, trevally, whiting, sharks and I have never fished the top of the brissy river but there some reports on the site worth a read.

I keep going back to the coomera as I always seem to do o.k. there.

But my goal from now on is going to be to spend more time fishing the brisbane river.

I could pretty much do that feral as the brisbane river is only across the other side of the road from where i work (milton)

So pardon me for the stupid question but where would i launch the boat from (coming from manly)...brekky creek?

ill make sure to read up on the posts in the river section.

BOAT RAMPS ; If you want to fish the middle reaches, Gateway upstream would be best to use COMSLIE ramp.off lynton rd behind hockey fields.

To fish lower or river mouth, use BOAT PASSAGE ramp, Fishermans Island, go over bridge and turn back arround the roundabout. (follow the boat ramp signs).

COMSLIE RAMP UBD map 161 ref E 2

BOAT PASSAGE map 143 E 1

BRECKY CK map 140 E 18 (havent used dont

know what its like)

Good luck.

Post edited by: Lozzel, at: 2007/05/11 08:59

Well if anyone wants to come in my tub that walks on water your more then welcome on the condition that you show me all your secret spots B)

most prob going on the river somewhere due to high winds on saturday we can discuss where abouts to go as hey im 0% experiance on the brissie river and 2 days experiance in the bay.

Archived