• Carbon-fiber drag system

• Fast 6.1:1 Retrieve Ratio

• Adjustable lever drag

• Dial-adjustable clicker tension

• Ergonomic crank handle

Looking at these models

MA16 290 yds. / 20 lb. 400 yds. / 50 lb. 23 lbs. 6.1:1 / 43"

MA20 300 yds. / 25 lb. 530 yds. / 50 lb. 40 lbs. 6.1:1 / 51"

Looking at it for general boat fishing, Boat rock to Barwon Banks Pelagics. Would like some feedback please

Dave

Dave I believe Fin-Nor is a Jarvis Walker brand if that helps.

Cheers

Eug

You are correct. Fin-Nor is a jarvis walker brand. Don't let that deceive you though. From what I have heard, Fin-Nor are fairly reasonable in quality.

Other Jarvis Walker brands include:

Penn

Gary Howard

Van Staal

Watersnake

(as well as some others like quantum, rovex, tsunami, ryobi)

There's a reason why they are sold under the Fin-Nor brand, and it is because the quality is far better than the more budget Jarvis Walker.

Just happens that I read up on this recently as I was interested in their reels.

Fin-Nor are an old brand from the halcyon days of game fishing in the 1930's. The brand was aquired by the Zebco company in 2005, who produce Zebco and Quantum reels and other fishing products. Zebco is owned by the W C Bradley Corporation.

In 2009 Zebco formed a strategic alliance with the Aussie Jarvis Walker company to market their products in Australia, NZ and South Africa.

Zebco have a manufacturing plant in China and I think some Fin Nor products may be produced there, but I'm not totally sure.

When Zebco aquired Fin Nor, they made a decision to keep the brands as separate entities as they targeted different markets. Zebco are mainly aimed at fresh and inshore fishing and Fin Nor at saltwater and game fishing.

Zebco have been trying to build the reputation of quality with their Quantum PT series of reels and when they aquired Fin Nor they said that they were keen to build on the high quality reputation of the brand.

Fin Nor are still a well respected brand, but it's I'm fairly sure they are now produced in either China or Korea as are many other excellent reels.

I know this doesn't answer your question about this particular reel, but I wouldn't doubt the quality of it.

Archived